Where to get Swans

easttxchick

Lone Star Call Ducks
10 Years
Aug 3, 2009
I am thinking about getting a pair of black swans for my sister-can anyone tell me first, what would be a good source? And secondly, how much is this going to set me back?
Any help would be appreciated.

I've seen pairs craigslist for about $500. to $550. & single swans for about $200. to $250. I "think" they're egg laying season is closest to a peacock & turkey's laying sesason which starts in April, in case you were wanting to go the route of hatching eggs. We're Definately putting in a pond this year (too many years of our spring & well excess run off .... giving us pooling Pennsylvania swamp land, lol), so I was also looking into swans. Good Luck on your search.
smile.png

Thanks so much for your help MrsCountryChick-I will definitely look into your suggestions.

Swans have been laying in the south for a few months now. I got 2 locally and another pair I'm waiting to hatch from another. Check your local AG classifieds, craigslist, eggbid etc..... and but a wanted ad on here in the wanted section.....

Thanks chickenzoo-I saw the pics of your cygnets and they are precious! I actually found a pair in Alabama and am so hopeful that we can pull this deal off!

Thanks for all of the replies, ya'll.
Found a pair from a BYCer in Alabama. Really nice guy, too.

Back
Top Bottom