where to go for plus size clothing? help me please **UPDATE#34**

Quote:
hehehehe...i like the term fluffy...
lol.png

Here in WI we have a few stores that are split down the middle, one side average sized, the other side plus sized. Two that I can think of are Deb (which is more teen-focused, but you can find good basics) and the other is Maurices (geared towards college/20s age).

Good luck!

ok well its 1am sunday... here is the results of my shopping trip

squat
nadda
zero
zilch

except for a pair of running shoes

JC : Penny did not see a thing that i would wear it was all older stuff
Macys: was ok but nothing jumped out and grabbed me
Lane and Bryant:
love.gif
BUT the stuff I liked was not available in my size either way to big or way to small my size seems to be very popular
Torrid: left there in tears the sales lady knew squat and made me feel worse about my size
so after the torrid episode i was not in the mood for shopping anymore that was it i was done

I have decided that i am not going to grad or the "holiday" parties at DH's work cause I cant find anything to wear and first thing monday morning i am making an apt with the Dr. and booking a gastric bypass I cant do this *clears throat* poop anymore

was kinda looking into doing to DEB at the military outlet mall but the torrid sales person squished that one

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually have good luck at TJ Max or Marshalls and you get a deal too. I haven't shopped the dresses or anything, but I usually get some really nice shirts mixed in the "pop" style shirts and where them with jeans or dress pants.

I so understand where you're coming from! I hate shopping for clothes because nothing ever fits. I gave up shopping at stores, I now buy all my clothes online, and I've found some awesome companies that have some really nice stuff and their clearance prices are incredible.

My favorite: www.ullapopken.com

Also: www.silhouettes.com

As others mentioned, try www.onestopplus.com, www.womanwithin.com, www.roamans.com, www.catherines.com, www.overstock.com.

Good luck! And if you do decide to get the gastric bypass, depending on how overweight you are, it's totally worth it! I just had it five weeks ago and have lost 33 lbs so far. I feel fantastic, I'm never hungry, and eventually I'll still be able to eat about anything I want, just in much smaller amounts. I wouldn't have considered it when I was only 100 lbs overweight (though that was awful, but I could still walk) but when I tipped the scales at almost 200 lbs overweight, I'd had it, I'd dieted my way UP to that, tried all kinds of diets, even gained weight on some when I was being strictly by the book, exercised my heart out, and never lost weight. I ended up with severe health problems, diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea, borderline congestive heart failure, always had to use the stupid electric carts in the store, plus a few more. No fun. Today I shopped at four different stores for about five hours and walked the whole way!
smile.png
No electric cart for me anymore!

Good luck on finding some cool clothes. Sometimes online is waaaay better than shopping in a store, even if you can't try the stuff on before you buy it. You also might check ebay, as they have all kinds of cool second hand clothes people are trying to sell.

Don't feel bad, all of us on this thread totally understand where you're coming from!
smile.png

I LOVE myshape.com.

Yes, you have to enter your measurements, but they customize your store for your shape. People who are heavy on top, or bottom or around the middle need different style to look balanced. They tell you what to look for to look your best, so even if you don't buy from them you can get tips about what styles look best on you.

Plus they have super cute stuff, and you can go sizeless, they don't tell you the size they just get the one that will fit you best.
smile.png

I understand where you are coming from! I HATE shopping! I get in and out as fast as possible! I also was thinking of getting that lapband done...
i wonder how much it costs?
hmm.png

Im only 37 and as I mentioned I shop at www.onestopplus.com . Its not all old lady clothes and on that site you can shop Land bryant catalog (different than the store), Jessica London (more dressy and professional clothes) Avenue, Woman Within, and Romans. There are always email coupons if you sign up and shipping is pretty quick but they do have express. They also have a pretty accurate measurement chart so you know what size to order as it may not be the same as other stores because they make the clothes to fit a bigger woman. I like that they list the length of the shirts and pants. Im 5'8", not into a tall size but a shirt thats only 27" long wont work for me. Check out the site if you havent already.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom