where to go for plus size clothing? help me please **UPDATE#34**

my sister is a plus sized girl and has great luck in Lane Bryant, but she says that the stores sell different stuff so you have to go to to the ones in the nicer neighborhoods cause some are too getto lol (her words not mine)

I usually go with her as I have an eye for what looks good on her, but they do have a lot of stuff and some that is VERY nice.
smile.png
A lot of the time their things dont look that great on the hanger but fit very well on a person and are flattering
smile.png

Quote:
if you are seriouys about using surgery you need to do the lap band not gastric by-pass they are very different and I have a few friends who have done both, I think the by-pass is horrible and will cause worse problems down the line, at least the lap band can be removed. My Girlfriend Tina did it last year and loves it.

Quote:
Forgive me as I do not mean to be unkind but if out of 4 stores you found nothing, it wasn't about the stores, the clothing, the sales people...it was about how you feel about yourself. Beautiful comes in many shapes and sizes and I think many of us forget that, especially when we look in the mirror. If you do the surgery, do it for you and know that it isn't a magic fix. My friend had it done, lost over 100 lbs., suffers from hernias and ulcers now (never did before) and says she STILL has food issues.
hugs.gif
I hope you find what you are looking for hun. Both in and out of the store.
love.gif

I think you have to try things on to see if you like it.
I hate shopping too. I used to get frustrated and actually get a little "panicky" when I was taking clothes off! I have since decided that I will pick 6 things to try on and then stack neatly in my dressing room and ask the woman to help hang-they are usually happy to. That is also a source of frustration for me.
Target sometimes has things also.
But I enjoy going to thrift stores allot-cool stuff to buffer the clothes!

Quote:
Forgive me as I do not mean to be unkind but if out of 4 stores you found nothing, it wasn't about the stores, the clothing, the sales people...it was about how you feel about yourself. Beautiful comes in many shapes and sizes and I think many of us forget that, especially when we look in the mirror. If you do the surgery, do it for you and know that it isn't a magic fix. My friend had it done, lost over 100 lbs., suffers from hernias and ulcers now (never did before) and says she STILL has food issues.
hugs.gif
I hope you find what you are looking for hun. Both in and out of the store.
love.gif

I have to disagree...
JC Penny: it was older stuff I am sorry I am not 60 I am 35 I dont want to wear the same thing as my 60 yr old mother
Macys: was ok but nothing jumped out and grabbed me again 60 yr olds or 40 yr old cougars trying to be "hot" wearing a red sequince shirt and tinfoil pants or even better still pants with the elastis waistband... yummy... i dont need them to fit over my depends thanks but NO..lol
Lane and Bryant:
love.gif
BUT the stuff I liked was not available in my size either way to big or way to small my size seems to be very popular I loved this store but if I was looking for casual clothing i would have been in heaven i could have maxed my CC there but for what I was looking for "casual dressy" they had a TON...just not in my size the 18/20 is a very popular size ans very scarce if i could have worn a 22/24 i would have ha a very different message
Torrid: left there in tears the sales lady knew squat and made me feel worse about my size I am sorry but this is not the 80's and Duran Duran is not hot and I will not wear leggings and a baggy sweater with a belt cinching at the waist can i tell you how unflattering this look is?. I will tell you though the Torrid website is totally different and i love their site hate the closest store..

Quote:
after the Torrid thing i was not in the shopping mood anymore but i may go back to the military outlet mall they had a bress barn there and a DEB too but i will go without DH, DS, and DD next time i have a shopping buddy in mind to go with

OK. I was just giving my perspective as a woman doesn't always have a good body image herself. And the 80's (leggings, big belts, cheesy earrings, flannel, shoulder pads, and jelly shoes) are BACK! You didn't get the memo?
gig.gif
It cracks me up when I see kids dressed in their skinny jeans. I remember wearing those!

Quote:
hey i remember the safety pins in the legs of jeans to make them look like skinny jeans and the big hair...

i just dropped a bunch of money to get a great straightener so i hope the big hair does not make a return

JC Pennby's and Macy's and even Dillards have nice plus sized clothes. I also love Torrid, especially for the younger crowd. You can shop at all of these places online. They have great clearance deals. Old Navy and the Gap are great also. The Gap really only online.

Back
Top Bottom