Which colour will this MGB become?

Just by way of an update, Here’s one of our wee ones at 4 weeks—a duckwing? When should i be able to sex them?
Duck wing seems most likely, as long as it is silver/grey, not a reddish tan color, I can’t tell for sure from the picture. They are fairly easy to sex, The cockerels with start developing color in their wings/back while the pullets with primarily only develop the lighter color in their hackles, which should be coming in soon!

I have a batch of 3 week old moderns, and can see some lemon feathers already popping up in the back and shoulders of two that I can now name cockerels.

Duck wing seems most likely, as long as it is silver/grey, not a reddish tan color, I can’t tell for sure from the picture. They are fairly easy to sex, The cockerels with start developing color in their wings/back while the pullets with primarily only develop the lighter color in their hackles, which should be coming in soon!

I have a batch of 3 week old moderns, and can see some lemon feathers already popping up in the back and shoulders of two that I can now name cockerels.
Oh brilliant, thanks so much! I have 8 in total, 4 duckwings of different ages. Based on that, I think I can already tell 2 of the duckwings are male possibly 2 females. Any tips for sexing birchens and and BBRs?

Oh brilliant, thanks so much! I have 8 in total, 4 duckwings of different ages. Based on that, I think I can already tell 2 of the duckwings are male possibly 2 females. Any tips for sexing birchens and and BBRs?
Of course!
I have never raised any BBRs, but the pullets will generally be a lighter color, while the cockerels with be darker in feathering. Birchens are very easy since they are all black as chicks. Only the cockerels with get the silver/white color in their back/wings, while the pullets will only have it in their hackles and breast, so once you see white elsewhere you know it’s most likely a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom