which end down???

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
I am about to put Golden Comet eggs in the bator. The eggs are huge! anyway one is so round I can not tell the small end fom the big end. I keep staring at it, and trying to measure it but I really have no idea both ends of the egg are the same. How do I place this one in my turner (at the moment I have it lying on its side but cant do that when they go in the bator later. Thanks!

I was told to up them in the bator and wait 3 days to see where your air cell is then you can turn them with the air cell to the top. Or try to candle them and see if you can see the air cell. Hope that helps.

Quote:
I did not even think of that thanks... I am a little slow in the mornings
tongue.png

This is funny because I had the same problem this morning! I ran in the dark bathroom and candled it...yea I guessed right! On the eggs it seems the small end is perfectly smooth (it comes out first), where as the large end might have a few little shell bumps...

I get some like that from my OEG hen all the time, I have to lay them on their side for a few days until the air cell has evaporated some. Otherwise there would be no way to tell. They are almost perfectly round.

Back
Top Bottom