Which is the rooster?

Pics
If you want a rooster wait and get straight run chicks in the spring...you do not want someone's throwaway rooster.most people dump off roosters because there sick and or aggressive and time doesn't show diseases so guarentine won't do any good when stress brings out the dieaseases.

Actually, at this time of year, people sell roos that they have just sexed, because they are summer hatches.
Some may even be hand-trained. If you get straight run, you will end up with more than one roo.
But, always check the roo is healthy and friendly, yes.

If you want a rooster wait and get straight run chicks in the spring...you do not want someone's throwaway rooster.most people dump off roosters because there sick and or aggressive and time doesn't show diseases so guarentine won't do any good when stress brings out the dieaseases.
Most people try to rehome roos because they can't keep their roo. Sure, some people might be selling sick or aggressive roos, but those can be avoided by going and seeing the rooster before purchasing to determine health and temperament. Getting an adult rooster is better in some ways, because you will know what his temperament is. There is no guarantee a chick will be friendly.

Most people try to rehome roos because they can't keep their roo. Sure, some people might be selling sick or aggressive roos, but those can be avoided by going and seeing the rooster before purchasing to determine health and temperament. Getting an adult rooster is better in some ways, because you will know what his temperament is. There is no guarantee a chick will be friendly.
Ok..so you go to see a rooster....looks at it it's sick now you go home and infect your birds because the dust from their place is on you now which now infected your own birds.i don't personally care what others do I will never take someone's bird did that before opened box bird was sick culled it at a friends house also gotten so called pullets someone was selling to find out they were over 4 years old gotten a bantam hen with chicks before aswell hen had bad scaly leg mites 5 chicks a day later all died but one. So I will take my chances and get chicks at a hatchery I eat my males so I'm not overrun with them. People lie to make a sale

Ok..so you go to see a rooster....looks at it it's sick now you go home and infect your birds because the dust from their place is on you now which now infected your own birds.i don't personally care what others do I will never take someone's bird did that before opened box bird was sick culled it at a friends house also gotten so called pullets someone was selling to find out they were over 4 years old gotten a bantam hen with chicks before aswell hen had bad scaly leg mites 5 chicks a day later all died but one. So I will take my chances and get chicks at a hatchery I eat my males so I'm not overrun with them. People lie to make a sale
That’s why you quarantine...

Quarentine won't help if stress brings out a disease not a time you could quarentine for a month then as soon as you put them with yours they show symptoms
Honestly there’s a risk with anything. Even inviting another poultry keeper over can bring disease, or buying new chicks and then going around other chickens can get the other chickens sick. You could worry about all that and never get another chicken or you could just face that even wild birds can make your chickens sick and just take the small risk of getting other ones.

Back
Top Bottom