Which kinda brahma is this ? And wanna know if it's pullet.

Pea comb would mean it is not a Cochin, so probably a Black Brahma. They are not very common, but I think they do exist.

I think it is black rather than mottled, but sometimes they can be hard to tell apart at this age. It is common for black chicks to have a few white feathers in their wings as chicks, then grow solid black feathers as they get older.
Thanks

Pea comb would mean it is not a Cochin, so probably a Black Brahma. They are not very common, but I think they do exist.

I think it is black rather than mottled, but sometimes they can be hard to tell apart at this age. It is common for black chicks to have a few white feathers in their wings as chicks, then grow solid black feathers as they get older.

Sorry for the deleted post. My post got merged with yours. I'd agree that the black is rather excessive for a black mottled, but aren't black brahmas more rare in the US?

I'd agree that the black is rather excessive for a black mottled, but aren't black brahmas more rare in the US?

I don't know whether the OP is in the US or not. So what is common in the US may not affect them.

In the US both Black and Black Mottled are rare enough that no large hatchery carries them, but I'm fairly sure both can be gotten from private breeders. I don't think the rarity is enough different to say which color the chick is.

So I was just going by the color of the chick, which looks more like Black than like Black Mottled to me.

I don't know whether the OP is in the US or not. So what is common in the US may not affect them.

In the US both Black and Black Mottled are rare enough that no large hatchery carries them, but I'm fairly sure both can be gotten from private breeders. I don't think the rarity is enough different to say which color the chick is.

So I was just going by the color of the chick, which looks more like Black than like Black Mottled to me.

Ah, OK. Yeah, I'd agree that black is a lot more dominant on the chick, which is not consistent with black mottled brahma. I guess time will tell, I give it one to two weeks tops. By then I think it'll be clear which of the two it is

Could you share some photos? This sounds interesting
20230617_180920.jpg
20230617_180936.jpg
20230617_180943.jpg

Back
Top Bottom