Which one of your hens lays the BIGGEST egg?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mags2009, Nov 8, 2009.

1. mags2009

mags2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I have 3/7 girls laying now, 2 white rocks and red star. Our red star is the smallest chicken we have, and the girl "rocks!" She lays the biggest eggs of the three. The others look still look like little pullet eggs, but not Myrtle's. Her's are HUGE! I feel for her![​IMG]:bow

2. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    My oldest Red Sex Link (same as the Red Star) lays the largest eggs, sometimes double yolkers.

3. technodoll

technodoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    my smallest red sex link lays the biggest eggs of the bunch! hens twice her size lay eggs half the size of hers [​IMG]

4. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    My comets (same as red sex links all are hybrid layers) lays the most and largest of the brown eggs. I have buff, blue and splash orps, and a Br. Gloria Jean

5. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    My leghorn just started, and her eggs are HUGE

6. wjallen05

wjallen05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    May I ask... what is the difference between a Production Red and a Red Star? Is it the same thing? I have 3 RIR hens and 4 Production Red pullets... but gosh should I get some Red Stars? (are Black Sex Links just as good??)

7. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Today we got XL from our Sex-link x RIR cross she always does that well...6 days a week.Also XL from my Barred Rock, Delaware,and EE one Jumbo from another EE rest were just large eggs-darn those pullets [​IMG] My Minorca's always lay Xl or jumbo but they are on molt vacation right now.

8. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    I have a Brn LH that lays some big white monsters! For a while there, she was giving us 2 to 3 double yolkers a week! But she's big for a leghorn though... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by