Which one of your hens lays the BIGGEST egg?

mags2009

Songster
13 Years
Aug 8, 2009
Wisconsin
I have 3/7 girls laying now, 2 white rocks and red star. Our red star is the smallest chicken we have, and the girl "rocks!" She lays the biggest eggs of the three. The others look still look like little pullet eggs, but not Myrtle's. Her's are HUGE! I feel for her!
D.gif
:bow

My comets (same as red sex links all are hybrid layers) lays the most and largest of the brown eggs. I have buff, blue and splash orps, and a Br. Gloria Jean

May I ask... what is the difference between a Production Red and a Red Star? Is it the same thing? I have 3 RIR hens and 4 Production Red pullets... but gosh should I get some Red Stars? (are Black Sex Links just as good??)

Today we got XL from our Sex-link x RIR cross she always does that well...6 days a week.Also XL from my Barred Rock, Delaware,and EE one Jumbo from another EE rest were just large eggs-darn those pullets
gig.gif
My Minorca's always lay Xl or jumbo but they are on molt vacation right now.

I have a Brn LH that lays some big white monsters! For a while there, she was giving us 2 to 3 double yolkers a week! But she's big for a leghorn though...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom