Which would you pick?

c_soto1990

Crowing
14 Years
May 17, 2009
Chicago,Il
This would be my first time keeping my flock outside and a heated watered is needed. I live in Chicago and have an omlet Eglu with all the options for winter weather coverings. Since the run is only 6ft I wanted a smaller waterer. I’m currently looking at these two.

Attachments

• IMG_6074.jpeg
    IMG_6074.jpeg
    355.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6075.jpeg
    IMG_6075.jpeg
    536.3 KB · Views: 7
I would do the dome topped waterer because lesser probability of a chicken falling into the water and getting frostbite.
The bowl is also only a 25w so it may not be able to keep up to cold weather near as well as the dome, which is a 60w, and snow would more easily build up in the bowl.

I wanted the first one initially, but there are mixed reviews on it. Makes me unsure to be honest although the majority of the reviews are good.

I wanted the first one initially, but there are mixed reviews on it. Makes me unsure to be honest although the majority of the reviews are good.
There definitely are mixed reviews for it, but I've sold a number of them over the years and the biggest fault people had with it was because it leaked a little. Maybe one person returned it because it didn't keep the water clear and I live in a place where we get to -40 Celsius. Just try and make sure you get it from somewhere that has a warranty policy for it.

Back
Top Bottom