*~~Whispers of Nature ~~ A Warriors-Based Roleplay~~* Closed!

"Cherry is hunting as we speak. That's why I'm watching over the um..." Sands shook himself out and what had appeared to be large, random fur mats on his otherwise naked body fell to the ground. When they landed they immediately unfurled and revealed themselves to be his kittens. "Furballs". There were little red Mark's on his flesh where the kittens had clung to him, and he licked at those sore spots then smiled "They learned that from seeing the possums out here. It was cute when they were small, more of a pain now."
"Ohhhhh..." Frog said with a wince. He hoped it was only half as bad as it looked, because Sand looked pretty bad. But they had been hiding these kittens all this time? Frog wasn't sure whether to be speechless, angry, or ecstatic, so naturally, he did all three. His jaw dropped while the insides of his ears turned purple and his swishy blue tail swung wildly. He coughed a few times before he could speak again. "Ummmm. Do they have names?"
Neither looked at all like their parents, but that was to be expected. It felt strange to be at all related to that hairless beast, but here they were, bonds that tied them, nieces and nephews.

"Ohhhhh..." Frog said with a wince. He hoped it was only half as bad as it looked, because Sand looked pretty bad. But they had been hiding these kittens all this time? Frog wasn't sure whether to be speechless, angry, or ecstatic, so naturally, he did all three. His jaw dropped while the insides of his ears turned purple and his swishy blue tail swung wildly. He coughed a few times before he could speak again. "Ummmm. Do they have names?"
Neither looked at all like their parents, but that was to be expected. It felt strange to be at all related to that hairless beast, but here they were, bonds that tied them, nieces and nephews.
"Names?" Sand seemed groggy and far away. "Yes, I suppose they do. You'd really have to ask their mother." And with that he lay down and began to snore. Lightning rolled her luminous golden eyes .(Cats totally can roll their eyes, everybody knows that.) "Frog, darling. Are you familiar with the flowering vines in this area? They seem to make some animals feel so tired, from breathing in the pollen alone. I'm not as effected as most. But indeed we sleep so much, it seems like we've been sleeping since the thaw. The sun is now hot and the plants in full growth, but it's as though we've been gone the entire time! As though we've hibernated away an entire season."

"Names?" Sand seemed groggy and far away. "Yes, I suppose they do. You'd really have to ask their mother." And with that he lay down and began to snore. Lightning rolled her luminous golden eyes .(Cats totally can roll their eyes, everybody knows that.) "Frog, darling. Are you familiar with the flowering vines in this area? They seem to make some animals feel so tired, from breathing in the pollen alone. I'm not as effected as most. But indeed we sleep so much, it seems like we've been sleeping since the thaw. The sun is now hot and the plants in full growth, but it's as though we've been gone the entire time! As though we've hibernated away an entire season."
Frog nodded, pretending to understand the white cat’s strange statement. “Happens all the time...” he muttered.

Frog nodded, pretending to understand the white cat’s strange statement. “Happens all the time...” he muttered.
"You're actually believing this?!" Frosty whimpered to his mentor. He stiffened when he remembered that the two other cats could still hear him.

One corner of Lightnings mouth curled just a bit in her amusement. Hed understand well enough if he ventured the way Sand just came from. She glanced down at the snoring hairless cat before continuing "Its quite nice to see you again. How are the others? We should all walk back together and have a little reunion,yes? We certainly cannot stay here, nodding off and sleeping our lives away!" Rumble, who had lay himself down behind his mother and was sleeping, twitched and mumbled something about shaking it all the time.

"You're actually believing this?!" Frosty whimpered to his mentor. He stiffened when he remembered that the two other cats could still hear him.
“It’s wasting words to discuss their unusual excuses mean right now, I’m trying to find out their motives,” Frog whispered out of the corner of his mouth.
One corner of Lightnings mouth curled just a bit in her amusement. Hed understand well enough if he ventured the way Sand just came from. She glanced down at the snoring hairless cat before continuing "Its quite nice to see you again. How are the others? We should all walk back together and have a little reunion,yes? We certainly cannot stay here, nodding off and sleeping our lives away!" Rumble, who had lay himself down behind his mother and was sleeping, twitched and mumbled something about shaking it all the time.
“I just want my sister back,” Frog said. “If she brings along her whole family as well I suppose I can tolerate it.”

“It’s wasting words to discuss their unusual excuses mean right now, I’m trying to find out their motives,” Frog whispered out of the corner of his mouth.

“I just want my sister back,” Frog said. “If she brings along her whole family as well I suppose I can tolerate it.”
"Lovely!" Lightning chirped cheerfully. Like a flash she leaned in and chomped down on Sands velvety ear, " Get up, you lazy little wretch. Gather your spawn and locate your mate. We are going on a road trip!" Sand leaped straight to his feet and winced, but was too drowsy to balk at his mother's rough treatment. Rumble dragged himself to his feet with what seemed considerable effort and sneered at his mother. "What are we going on now? Enough with your ugly two legged terminology already." The white cat shook out her pelt and turned her little pink nose up before prancing past everyone. "It is a quest, son. Quests are fun, come along." Rumble sat down, dejected "Awwwww mum! I dont want to, I'm tired. Quests are no fun." Lightning spun around and stood tall "Actually this is a quest for fun. You are going to have fun, I am going to have fun. We are all going to have so much gosh darned fun, the two leg veterinarian will have to surgically remove our smiles! You'll be whistling zippity doo dah out that little pink hole beneath your tail! We're on a pilgrimage of fun!" Sand and Rumble leaned back as their mother was clearly having one of her episodes of less than ideal mental health. Lightning began walking towards camp again, calling over her shoulder "Hallelujah, Holy mouse dung! Move it kids. No ones stopping this good old fashioned family trip..."

"Lovely!" Lightning chirped cheerfully. Like a flash she leaned in and chomped down on Sands velvety ear, " Get up, you lazy little wretch. Gather your spawn and locate your mate. We are going on a road trip!" Sand leaped straight to his feet and winced, but was too drowsy to balk at his mother's rough treatment. Rumble dragged himself to his feet with what seemed considerable effort and sneered at his mother. "What are we going on now? Enough with your ugly two legged terminology already." The white cat shook out her pelt and turned her little pink nose up before prancing past everyone. "It is a quest, son. Quests are fun, come along." Rumble sat down, dejected "Awwwww mum! I dont want to, I'm tired. Quests are no fun." Lightning spun around and stood tall "Actually this is a quest for fun. You are going to have fun, I am going to have fun. We are all going to have so much gosh darned fun, the two leg veterinarian will have to surgically remove our smiles! You'll be whistling zippity doo dah out that little pink hole beneath your tail! We're on a pilgrimage of fun!" Sand and Rumble leaned back as their mother was clearly having one of her episodes of less than ideal mental health. Lightning began walking towards camp again, calling over her shoulder "Hallelujah, Holy mouse dung! Move it kids. No ones stopping this good old fashioned family trip..."
( :lau )

Frosty watched the white cat's hysterics with wide eyes and raised fur. He became aware of himself and tried to flatten his fur. He looked at Frog with something like despair in his eyes. "We aren't seriously bringing her back to camp, right? She's.. uhm.. I think she's rolled a bit too much in the catnip patch." He muttered.

( :lau )

Frosty watched the white cat's hysterics with wide eyes and raised fur. He became aware of himself and tried to flatten his fur. He looked at Frog with something like despair in his eyes. "We aren't seriously bringing her back to camp, right? She's.. uhm.. I think she's rolled a bit too much in the catnip patch." He muttered.
Frog shared a look with Frosty; lowering his own hackles before nodding slowly. “If that’s the only way to bring Cherry home. And I don’t think there is a way to prevent her from following us now anyway.” He flicked a tail at the determined feline, who was sauntering ahead and waving her tail.

Back
Top Bottom