White Chinese gosling question

jillmost80

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
Oklahoma
I am fairly smart avian wise. But since I have never had this breed prior and not really caring if it’s a gander or goose I wanted to see if anyone has any thoughts on little Doc here. 7 weeks now and the knob is not very big but I have no knowledge on growth of gosling in this breed. I know the breed is quite different from my French Toulouse breed. So hence why I ask :)
What do you think? Gander or goose?
PS Doc does talk a LOT and has this honking low sound but has had that for weeks. ( nothing medical just a sigh sound when resting)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    961.9 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    998.4 KB · Views: 8
I have 2 7wk white Chinese that look just like yours and the only difference I've noticed so far is one has a mini dewlap (which finally let's me tell them apart.)`I was specifically watching their heads earlier and maybe-kinda-sorta... Mine chatter amongst themselves all the time. Still sounds like a baby talk to me vs the adult browns.

I’m not familiar with this breed either but I’d say it’s too soon to tell.
Everything I can find online said the knob should be bigger in size and the demeanor is different in how they hold their heads. Just figure I would put it out there. :) either way my baby is super cute :)

I have 2 7wk white Chinese that look just like yours and the only difference I've noticed so far is one has a mini dewlap (which finally let's me tell them apart.)`I was specifically watching their heads earlier and maybe-kinda-sorta... Mine chatter amongst themselves all the time. Still sounds like a baby talk to me vs the adult browns.
Are their knobs the same looking?

what do your babies look like now? Do they sound like low honks yet? I attached a quick video of Doc and its louder now but way more low and raspy honks. video here

Definitely have more adult honks than before. One goose is very talkative, the other much quieter -- not sure if that is gender or personality. One is more aggressive chasing off a cat or a duck, but again personality or gender? On occasion there is an almighty honk and off they go running with wings wide -- usually to catch up with the adults. The mini dewlap is much smaller now so its harder to tell them apart. Still no obvious head position or knobs.

20220526_065202.jpg

Back
Top Bottom