White Chinese gosling question

Definitely have more adult honks than before. One goose is very talkative, the other much quieter -- not sure if that is gender or personality. One is more aggressive chasing off a cat or a duck, but again personality or gender? On occasion there is an almighty honk and off they go running with wings wide -- usually to catch up with the adults. The mini dewlap is much smaller now so its harder to tell them apart. Still no obvious head position or knobs.

View attachment 3124341
awe they look so big now. :D Crazy how fast they grow. I have friends that have three and four females in other breeds and there is always one talking lady and bossy lady. Mine comes running with the arms open all the time its so cute or Doc will try to wing flap when my other goose does like they are competing. hahaha I have been taking videos and pics weekly of mine and eventually going to post them in a weekly progress type post. The waiting is slowly killing me on mine. I wanna say yours look like ladies with the little to next to no knobs. Its hard to tell since everything online is all about the Knobs and size and neck size. But if you have two of the same sex or one not able to compare it to then its not super helpful info hahaha.

After much stalking, I confirmed that MooShu -- the theorized gander with the mini dewlap -- has a deeper voice than Chow Mein. I got them for one to be a gander so I hope they aren't both girls. (My brown gander has his wife, mistress, and the other girl and I was hoping the ladies-on-the-side could get a man of their own.)

Of the two voices Chow Mein is closest to yours. MooShu is deeper.

Any changes in your Chinese? MooShu has a slightly convex nose now while Chow Mein's is more concave. More of a straight line top to tip on the first vs. a slight dip on the later -- but its pretty subtle. Still no adult bump out. They also may be bigger than the hens but still smaller than the gander.

Back
Top Bottom