White Crested Polish Bantam...

It is probably her umbilicus, not her vent. The vent opening and “bum hole” are the same. The umbilicus looks a bit odd or open.
I did know there was only suppose to be one hole, however I did not know that chickens have umbilical cords. Crazy. But yeah it almost looks like another hole. I don’t wanna touch it’s though, aren’t they suppose to fall off naturally?

They do fall off, but sometimes chickens may have a little left when they come in the mail. You can apply a little betadine or other antiseptic onto it with a Qtip. Hopefully, the opening is not a bad sign. They can get infection into them rarely, and can also develop a hernia where the bowel can pop through. Not wanting to scare you, but just to make you aware to keep checking it. I have never had those things happen.

They do fall off, but sometimes chickens may have a little left when they come in the mail. You can apply a little betadine or other antiseptic onto it with a Qtip. Hopefully, the opening is not a bad sign. They can get infection into them rarely, and can also develop a hernia where the bowel can pop through. Not wanting to scare you, but just to make you aware to keep checking it. I have never had those things happen.
Okay... she’s still not eating or drinking willingly. I use a syringe to put water with nutri drench in her mouth. I’ve tried so many times now to get a little crumble of food in there, or egg or crushed up meal worm. She doesn’t want anything. And she’s still being “narcoleptic” and shaking sometimes. I refuse to give up... are there other things I can do? Like give her a warm bath or massage or medicine or anything?

4B02EDF6-2D5A-489B-9398-B2CDF77255A8.jpeg
[QUOTE="glassdragonfly, post: 22001132, member: 549521

I am happy to report that she survived the night and even seems to be doing better this morning!!!

Back
Top Bottom