White egg??

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
I have been planning, reading, drooling... When the coop is finished, I want--RIR, BR, Ameraucanas, Marans. I would also like to add:

A white egg layer with good personality, large breed....What would be your choice??? Thank you Dixie

I have had White Leghorns and currently have 1 Ideal 386 (there production white eggs layer). All have layed large white eggs and lots and lots of them. My recent Ideal 386 pullet that started laying in January has only missed 2 days since January.

I recently added two chicks, another Ideal 386 and a Brown Leghorn (because I wanted something different). Lots of people said that Leghorns were more flighty, but mine really don't seem to be. All my chickens are very comfortable around me.

The best white egg layer is the white leghorn.. however, mine are flightier than lets say my silkies and cochin mixes, but much bolder than my wyandottes. It will depend on your strain of leghorn to see it's flightyness and you will have to work with them more to trust you. However, sudden movements will frighten them, while they may have no problems crawling right under you to steal treats.

Back
Top Bottom