White leghorn 3 week old chicks. Everybody hates leghorns? why?

preciouschick

Songster
Aug 26, 2020
south central PA
So i have 10 3 week old leghorn chicks in the brooder. They are skiddish and jumping up to higher levels already. So I just put a day old silky in the brooder. At first they rall ran away from her. Bunch of scardey cats. Now the silky is nesting up with them and they are treating her as part of the group. I am pleasantly surprised. They arent so bad after all. my brooder is 6 ft x 4 ft. plenty of room. The silky is inbetween the 2 whites.

Attachments

• 20230209_171305.jpg
    20230209_171305.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 73
They are very cute!
Also, people hate leghorns? I’ve had 2 as my first chickens, one was an aggressive rooster(I was little, but still loved him), and a hen who would attack chicks. She was also flighty, and so were their daughters. I still enjoy leghorns, but I wouldn’t say they are my favorite. I wonder what other people will have to say, I never heard of this hatred for leghorns before personally.

I don't hate leghorns, but I'm not interested in keeping any because I don't want skittish birds. With bad knees, I'm not looking for anything that runs. I also want the rainbow egg effect and have Houdans for white. 😁

Back
Top Bottom