White Leghorn, the forgotten breed

Hi, i hatched some chicks in the past 3-4 days. these 2 are LH mix. can you tell me why one chick is feathering out much quicker on her wings than the other one? they are 22 hours apart in age. the one with the longer wing feathers is oldest.

Thank you

Hi, i hatched some chicks in the past 3-4 days. these 2 are LH mix. can you tell me why one chick is feathering out much quicker on her wings than the other one? they are 22 hours apart in age. the one with the longer wing feathers is oldest.

Thank you
are they both pullets because cockerels feather out slower in their wings, I think

Hi, i have no idea? I do not know how to sex chickens. I was hoping you might know why she has the long wing feathers and the other one does not, actually, none of the other ones do. thanks
keep an eye on them. You'll be able to tell if one is a cockerel once they are older. Look for larger, redder comb.

Howdy all I'm new to the chicken world as I have 18 5 week old chicks from Murray McMurry . I bought the Murrys choice deal and have 2 chicks that are all white and was trying to figure out what breed they are. Is it to early to determine if they are leghorns and are there any ways to tell because I know there are several all white varietys of chickens. Thank you all

Howdy all I'm new to the chicken world as I have 18 5 week old chicks from Murray McMurry . I bought the Murrys choice deal and have 2 chicks that are all white and was trying to figure out what breed they are. Is it to early to determine if they are leghorns and are there any ways to tell because I know there are several all white varietys of chickens. Thank you all

Sound like a lot of fun. Good luck guessing!!!
jumpy.gif

What are the standards for Leghorn's? My girl doesn't have a floppy comb, golden colored eyes with flesh colored legs. The breeder told me WL but her eggs are a little smaller than what I would expect from a leghorn.

I have some young White Leghorn cockerels available. If anyone is interested please send me a PM.

This is their father.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom