White liquid discharge

Taylermartin

Chirping
Sep 25, 2021
Not sure what this is.. today my brahma has had her tail feathers pointed down and panting in the chicken coop. Each time she would pant her vent would pulsate. She has a good amount of feces that is stuck on her feathers but this seems to be a monthly thing where it builds up and we do an Epson salt bath to clean them up. What are the causes here?
20220731_233458.jpg

Has it been warm lately? Is she eating/drinking well?

Feel her crop in the morning before she has eaten/drank anything. It should feel empty. If not, she may have a crop issue.
We've at high heat the last few weeks in the upper 90s. I felt her crop tonight and it was full at all. When I gave her an Epson salt bath I made her an egg and she ate a good portion but didn't eat the whole thing like my other girls do.

We've at high heat the last few weeks in the upper 90s. I felt her crop tonight and it was full at all. When I gave her an Epson salt bath I made her an egg and she ate a good portion but didn't eat the whole thing like my other girls do.
It will be full at night. Feel it early in the morning.

For the momment keep her cool with access to shade and cold water as she may be heat stressed. You could try giving her some poultry electrolytes or making up your own. Ratios for making your own is one tea spoon salt/sugar and baking sodar dissolved into one gallon (about 4.5 litres) of water. Change the proportions as necessary for the ammount of water needed. Make new electrolytes up each day. Only give her access to them for a couple of days. Make it the only source of water available to her, if she isn't drinking it, give her normal water instead. Best of luck.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom