White polish crested eye issues

Aug 21, 2023
My polish guy has a heavy crest that weighs his eye closed. He is not able to open it at all. I cut the hair back but it is still too heavy. He is always whipping that eye on himself. Can you cut feathers right near skin? Cut the quill? I put antibiotic's in his eye also in case of infection. He has one good eye. I need help. I feel bad for Fabio☹️

Attachments

• IMG_6061.jpeg
    IMG_6061.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6062.jpeg
    IMG_6062.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6060.jpeg
    IMG_6060.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 7
Can you try to get Fabio’s left eye open, so that we can see what it looks like? You can try to open it with your fingers. Is there any bubbles, pus, or bubbles in the eye? Is the eyelid swollen? I would irrigate the eye with saline or an eye wash product, and try applying some soothing eye drops or ointment into the eye.

Can you try to get Fabio’s left eye open, so that we can see what it looks like? You can try to open it with your fingers. Is there any bubbles, pus, or bubbles in the eye? Is the eyelid swollen? I would irrigate the eye with saline or an eye wash product, and try applying some soothing eye drops or ointment into the eye.
I can open it but it looks super weird. It's pale and does not look like the other eye at all. Even around his eye is all white instead of red. It never sees light.

A picture might help. If the eye is white or creamy looking, that could be pus or scarring. If it is pus, it would need to be cleaned out. I would flush it with saline and apply Terramycin eye ointment twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom