White Primary Feathers on One Of My Guinea Keets

CompassPoint

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 4, 2014
Bainbridge, OH
So, I noticed this the other day, but didn't pay it much attention. I had gotten 7 (was supposed to be 6...Rural King employees can't count..lol) Guinea Keets almost a month ago. All looked the same, was told they were all Grey Pearls. Cool.
Last week I thought I seen white feathers on one of them, but they were running around like crazy and I didn't stop to really look. I moved them around tonight so I could make room to bring my older chicks back in the house since we are having a super crazy temperature drop (78F today, will have snow and 34F temps by morning). My smallest keet does indeed have white primary feathers (P7 or P8 to P10 are white). I held her on my lap and checked out the others--nope, no one else has white feathers there.

is this normal? What is causing this?

If I can figure out how to get pictures off my phone and on to here, I'll post some pictures.

We got them as snake and tick control. So no showing :) just found it unusual! These are my first keets. And oh my--persistent little hardheads with almost no fear!

Back
Top Bottom