White Silkie Pullet

Bat Cave Silkies

Songster
9 Years
Feb 11, 2010
Bat Cave, NC
Available now is a 5 1/2mth old, non-bearded, white silkie pullet. She is the offspring of Paint x Paint breeding. Some Paint breeders have bred these solid color offspring and produced Paint chicks. Does she carry a Paint gene? I can't say for sure because I'm still in the first generation. She still has some filling out to do but has a nice start with a full cushion and crest. She is not yet laying. She does have a double nail on the 5th toe of both of her feet.
Shipping is $60 and includes a new Horizon box. I line the bottom of the box with rubber shelf liner so that the bird may maintain it's footing. Watermelon is added to maintain hydration. She will be shipped on Monday, November 28th, weather permitting.

Payment is by PayPal only (unless prior arrangements have been made) and due within 24hrs of auctions end. Prior to shipment, she will be bathed and free of parasites; nails and beak trimmed as needed.

Bat Cave Silkies is a NPIP participant and AI certified. All chicks receive the Mareks vaccine at hatch.

Please PM me with any questions you may have.

48797_dscn0825.jpg

48797_dscn0823.jpg
48797_dscn0883.jpg

48797_dscn0882.jpg

48797_dscn0881.jpg

48797_dscn0877.jpg

48797_dscn0876.jpg

Last edited:
is teh extra toes something that if you bred this girl would pass donw to offspring? I like her and since you cant show her i wonder if she would have a future with breeding? thank you

Yes, she could possibly pass this onto her offspring....then again, she may not. Her parents had perfect toes, so where did this come from? My understanding of genetics is limited, but I believe that when a chicken carries the polydactyl gene, the number of toes always has the potential to vary.

Back
Top Bottom