White Sport Cream Legbars

Trying to figure out if this is a pullet. Thank you.

Aloha Sol2go,

Haha, I check this site about once a month. Iʻll check soon for your reply. :)

I live on the island of Oʻahu. I breed Cream Legbars, true Araucanas, White and Black Copper Marans and Silver Cuckoo Leghorns. Let me know if I can help out in any way.

Aloha, Puhi

very nice trio of whites blackbirds13. Best tail angles I have seen, and they all have them. Good luck with your breeding plans. Keep us posted..also when they lay - let us know if those eggs are indeed somehow more blue.
Wasn't there a study or scientific explanation to the Whites laying bluer eggs? Wasn't there a study or scientific explanation to the recessive Whites being genetically weaker? Was the weaker bird laying few eggs and thus being darker? Okay I am really stretching my memory here and probably have this all confused, but if anyone could direct me to the information on bluer eggs from recessive whites I would appreciate it.

Wasn't there a study or scientific explanation to the Whites laying bluer eggs? Wasn't there a study or scientific explanation to the recessive Whites being genetically weaker? Was the weaker bird laying few eggs and thus being darker? Okay I am really stretching my memory here and probably have this all confused, but if anyone could direct me to the information on bluer eggs from recessive whites I would appreciate it.

I really have no idea about a study, I know anecdotally, I cannot tell the difference between my colored and whites eggs. If I did not mark them I would have no idea which is which.

My memory left me 30 years ago so I am no help with that at all.

All Legbars came from GFF. I assume they have all lines or mixtures of lines. Finding Legbars now should not be hard. I am just a small farm hatchery and I know I sold over 500 of them last year.

I hope to do better this year. I have been showing them at a couple shows and seem to be mustering up some interest.

You can get them from a few of the large hatcheries. I know Meyers and MyPetCHicken have them.

By the way, people like me are a lot cheaper than GFF or the large hatcheries,
I know this is an older post, but AMEN to going to private breeders instead of "the big boys"! With our smaller yields, the small breeder can truly work on breeding to SOP and with our lower overhead, we can sell at reasonable prices. I specialize in Bielefelders, Marans and have recently added Legbars. This is not big business for me, it is (as it was with dogs for 40 years) betterment of breeding stock for conformation, temperament, and health (not necessarily in that order!). Besides, I think $29 each for day old pullets plus shipping is NUTS!!!! I offer the same advice that is given in pure bred dogs - do your homework, contact REPUTABLE breeders, check credentials and keep the Standard foremost in mind!

Back
Top Bottom