White Turkey eggs

cmobley

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 4, 2015
saraland alabama
My 3 hens have always laid what I call regular colored eggs just cream color with spots. Recently one is laying pure white eggs they look like duck eggs no spots and elongated instead of the usual tear drop shape. She’s also trying to go broody but only laying every 3 days or so but she’s hoarding chicken eggs. I take all the eggs everyday. Anyone have turkeys laying pure white eggs or does this just happen occasionally?

My 3 hens have always laid what I call regular colored eggs just cream color with spots. Recently one is laying pure white eggs they look like duck eggs no spots and elongated instead of the usual tear drop shape. She’s also trying to go broody but only laying every 3 days or so but she’s hoarding chicken eggs. I take all the eggs everyday. Anyone have turkeys laying pure white eggs or does this just happen occasionally?
I have seen a very rare nearly white egg after a long session of laying. I have never seen a turkey hen lay a duck shaped egg, only the classic pointy end egg.

If they look like duck eggs, I would suspect that they are duck eggs.

I have seen a very rare nearly white egg after a long session of laying. I have never seen a turkey hen lay a duck shaped egg, only the classic pointy end egg.

If they look like duck eggs, I would suspect that they are duck eggs.
They’re not duck eggs my ducks are locked in a pen away from the chickens. It’s a white Turkey egg. And it’s being laid by my youngest blue red hen.

IMG_2914.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom