White wattle

Noche

In the Brooder
Aug 8, 2022
Hi,
I saw Copo de Nieve, my chicken very quiet today, which is uncommon, she is the 1rs in the pecking order. When I looked closely I noticed her wattles are very white
IMG_20220809_121748.jpg
. I looked online and found very different possibilities. Anyone know what is it and how to treat it? Also I am isolated with Covid at the moment, is it ok for me to treat her? Thanks in advance.
IMG_20220809_121722.jpg

That's not her wattles. Those are her earlobes. What breed is she? In Silkies having different color variations of earlobes is common so it's probably nothing to worry about. The wattles are the red dangling pieces under her beak.

I just checked old pics and you are right. That's the normal colour. She is still very quiet and just listing in the ground. Not very active.

That's not her wattles. Those are her earlobes. What breed is she? In Silkies having different color variations of earlobes is common so it's probably nothing to worry about. The wattles are the red dangling pieces under her beak.
I just went to check old pictures

You are right those are her earlobes and they were that colour beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom