white wedding doves

If you mean doves as in DOVES, no matter what you charge I believe that you will be out of business with the first release as they will NOT come back.

Quote:
I don't think this is true. Doves can be bred with a homing instinct and be trained to return home. However, a few of them may not return home.

Releasing ringneck doves would be useless. 99% of the wedding/funeral release businesses call what they let go white 'doves', but they are white homing pigeons. Releasing doves just seems more appealing to the public than releasing pigeons.

Since I'm not into white releases, I can't help you much on books. But I've seen some people say some good things about White Pigeons - The Color of Money.
http://www.siegelpigeons.com/catalog-general.html

PLEASE don't release doves!

Get white homing pigeons, NO ONE will know the difference! All the public sees is white birds.

Doves will hang around the release point until they (a) starve to death or (b) get eaten by the local wildlife

Doves don't have that homing instinct and would require EXTENSIVE training on a daily basis to find their way home even from a short distance.
plus, If you raise doves (or pigeons) with a certian food, they will not know how or what to eat in the wild and will starve in a few days.

They're beautiful! But don't know what you should charge for this service though.
idunno.gif
Are these like the homing pigeons, and they will return to you?

depends on how many birds you can release and how they want them released...how big of an area are you gonna sevice? I would suggest you charge a travel cost plus a per bird cost....say $2-3 per bird released and say$1 mile or so....maybe a minumum of $50

Google it. There are many people doing it, and you can get an idea of what they offer. It seems like $250 is about the minimum price. Of course, it depends what area you're in too.

Back
Top Bottom