Who’s My Mommy? The Sequel

Yes but the op has other threads of similar nature where the trait was passed on.. this leads to the thought that by looking at the feathers that the father could be the silkie... and by the colour of the chick I would suggest that the mother is the blue mix...

BUT... that is only going on previous threads and photos that were posted on these threads... believe me when I say I’m no expert or experienced chicken keeper I’m still learning myself.... I’m just going by what has been provided
The silkie in question is actually only 1/4 silkie. His pop was a silkie cross and the mom was a full RIR.

Yes but the op has other threads of similar nature where the trait was passed on.. this leads to the thought that by looking at the feathers that the father could be the silkie... and by the colour of the chick I would suggest that the mother is the blue mix...

BUT... that is only going on previous threads and photos that were posted on these threads... believe me when I say I’m no expert or experienced chicken keeper I’m still learning myself.... I’m just going by what has been provided
I’m not saying a naked neck is the father, but at this point there’s an equally likely chance. The OP has three NN roosters, one of which does have a full bowtie.

Guys! We’re back at three and a halfish weeks old. What’re we thinking on possible parents and color? I can get a better head shot. He was being ornery when I took this, so it was all I could get at the time.

Attachments

• 04E40DED-3DD3-4F8C-8765-7B96C97C5531.jpeg
    04E40DED-3DD3-4F8C-8765-7B96C97C5531.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 15
Guys! We’re back at three and a halfish weeks old. What’re we thinking on possible parents and color? I can get a better head shot. He was being ornery when I took this, so it was all I could get at the time.
He looks a lot like a splash, which wouldn’t be possible unless his father was blue or splash. Can you post pictures of the possible fathers?

Back
Top Bottom