Who all is planning an order from Cackle Hatchery?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, May 3, 2011.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Me and a friend of mine are planning an order from Cackle at either the end of this month, or the first of next month.

I'm ordering:
    25 Golden Buff Pullets
    5 Salmon Faverolles Pullets
    and 5 Easter Egger Pullets

For a total of 35 chicks for me. Then I forgot what my friend was ordering? [​IMG]

I'm trying not find anymore breeds that I want...but you know chicken math! [​IMG]

~Aspen [​IMG]

2. FlChickie

FlChickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Citrus County, Florida
    I just ordered 5 Light Bramha pullets, 5 Red Shouldered Yokohamas, 5 Appenzeller Spitzhaubens and 5 White Leghorn pullets(for a coworker).
    This is my first order with a hatchery so I just got a little bit of everything this time. It's so hard just to pick a few. I thought getting the minimum order would be hard [​IMG] They were very helpful and nice to work with. They hatch/ship on May 18th! Next time I'll order sooner though, a lot of the breeds that I wanted were sold out for the year. Yay can't wait to pick them up! [​IMG]

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Fun, fun, fun!! [​IMG]

I love the Appenzeller Spitzhaubens!! They're so goofy and wacky looking! I love their crests! [​IMG]

4. FlChickie

FlChickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Citrus County, Florida
    I know I love them! I have some golden polish babies right now and I just love them! And I just had a hen go broody so I'm going to have some polish mutts coming.

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Oh so very, very cool! [​IMG] I'm a big mutt fan!! Sadly, since I'm trying to keep just Purebreds, most of my mutts are finding new homes. But heehee, my 6 broody hens all hatched out mutt babies and most of them are staying!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm getting the 25 Golden Buff pullets for eggs for the family. I have one GB girl and she lays the hugest dark golden brown eggs you ever saw! [​IMG] [​IMG] Then I'm getting the Salom 'Favs just because they're so stink'in cute! [​IMG] And then the EEs...I'm getting those for my Olive Egger Project in Process! [​IMG]

I'm so horribly addicted! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    If I order anymore my husband will kill me! lol and we can barely keep the ones we have in feed!

We have over 100 chicks right now though...all but 3 are 5 weeks old...the other 3 were just hatched this past weekend...

(Chick day at the feed store is Saturday though and the hatchery that will be set up there (Hometown Hatchery in Nevada, Mo) is having a special...ALL chicks are $0.90 each!! AHHHHH So yeah...I will be coming home with more chicks lol!!)

We drove past Cackle 2 days ago...and it was all I could do not to pull in! lol!! DH laughed when I went by. But...we had just went to Lowes to buy fencing for our pullet run! just spent $200...don't need many more chicks! lol

but I want a turkey...

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I'm RIGHT be hind ya 'gal! Before my baby girl, Beepbeeb turned up with a dozen fuzzies and BEFORE I hatched out 11 Olive egger babies the other day I counted 70 something baby chicks, now it's going to be around 90+! [​IMG]

Oh, me too! Me want turkey as well. Last summer I was offered 4+ turkeys that were half grown, but I didn't have anything to transport them home in so I had to turn the offer now. [​IMG] I really wonna hatch out some baby turkey poults, though! [​IMG]

8. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I'm plannin' on buying some Polish chickens! [​IMG]

Buff Laced and maybe another color.

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    AND...White Polish! [​IMG]

I really want to add some WP to my order....but

10. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

AND...White Polish! [​IMG]

I really want to add some WP to my order....but

Since I cant really make up my mind I might just get 10 of the Buff laced (I really really want these! So pretty!) And might get 5 White Polish chicks.

I would get them! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by