Who can watch this...

PeepsCA

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 28, 2011
BFE, CA
...and not have major hatching withdrawals??? I CAN'T!!!
This is from
last year...and it makes me nutty to watch it, lol.
I have to wait until the 8th to see my 1st 2012 hatch, ugh!
wee.gif

ETA... This lil guy is a Pied Pearl Grey

Last edited:
Oh Gawd how bleeping cute...... I cant wait for your next hatch either
wee.gif

Hey I was looking at chickens today and I saw a splash Auracana..... What if your white hen would be considered a variation of Splash....? A NEW color for guineas? Hmmmmm...

Oh Gawd how bleeping cute...... I cant wait for your next hatch either
wee.gif

Hey I was looking at chickens today and I saw a splash Auracana..... What if your white hen would be considered a variation of Splash....? A NEW color for guineas? Hmmmmm...

Hmm... interesting thought. Splash Guineas! I hatched 2 Hens with black feathers in the back of their necks, but Hen # 2 had big ol floppy wattles like a male, so down the road she went... cuz she wasn't Ms Guinea USA material, lol. She went to a good home, with a bunch of other gorgeous birds tho! Never noticed any spots on her back tho, and had bemba and mr bellmere not wanted to see pics of Ms Poopstain I wouldn't have washed her up for pics and noticed her dark feathers either, LOL.

I think someone hatched some White Guineas a while back (last yr some time?) that had purple spots down their back, way more prominent spots than what my Hen has. I'm pretty sure they posted on here about them, with pics. I'll have to look for the post and see if the pics are still up.

Ooooh found it! - here

Much perdier than Ms Poostain! Cool how her dark feathers are actually pearled not just pigmented.. she has the same strip of dark feathers on the back of the neck tho!

Last edited:
I am kind of dreading what my lot will get up to this year, my flock has multiplied tenfold since they hatched out 24 underneath our deck last summer (just magical watching that happen!) Should I be concerned about 'interbreeding' through????? I cannot get rid of any of my 'babies' although they are driving me crazy with their madness right now, but just so funny!

Back
Top Bottom