Who else got chick fever this year?!!!

O M G a whole bowl of fluff! How cuuuteee! I wonder if we can do that out here or if it will end up not hot enough during monsoon season..
Maybe you shouldn't try doing that during the monsoon season, nor in our real hot summer temp's. I don't think that the egg's would take kindly to temp's of 116-F.

Last edited:
Maybe you shouldn't try doing that during the monsoon season, nor in our real hot summer temp's. I don't think that the egg's would take kindly to temp's of 116-F.
So dang true. It would have to be around our first truly steady heat time. It just depends on how hot it was where the eggs were hatched in that video cause then we can get an idea what the ideal heat would be outside in the ambient air.

I am only letting my hens hatch their own broods. I am addicted to how sweet yet fierce they are!❤️ I have 2 white silkie hens hatching out about 12 mixed bantam and silkie eggs. My roosters are a beautiful buff/orange silkie and a beautiful colorful(not sure the type)bantam. Cant wait to see the colors I get!

I certainly did! In my new home I'm starting a new flock, so far, I have two pullets and one (accidental!) roo, who is the prettiest banty cochin I've ever seen! Black & brown & white, my book calls the color "spangled" and my mom calls it "calico". It's not an officially recognized color, but he sure is pretty! :) The two girls REALLY don 't like him though, so he's becoming a lap pet.

Attachments

• IMG_20240113_154116448_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240113_154116448_HDR.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 12
I certainly did! In my new home I'm starting a new flock, so far, I have two pullets and one (accidental!) roo, who is the prettiest banty cochin I've ever seen! Black & brown & white, my book calls the color "spangled" and my mom calls it "calico". It's not an officially recognized color, but he sure is pretty! :) The two girls REALLY don 't like him though, so he's becoming a lap pet.
He’s really really handsome I mean really handsome!

Me! And hubs says no more babies. I have 6 pullets age 20 weeks (only 1 has started laying), and 12 smaller babies age 10 weeks. I don't think I can get babies and integrate them for a bit. I don't have a separate area. I have a run and coop area, and an indoor brooder. If it was summer I'd use a small heat lamp and keep them outside (if I got babies) but the others would be way bigger.

Back
Top Bottom