micknapp

Chirping
May 12, 2020
Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Hello everyone!!! I’m just popping in to see how many have been in the same boat as me… I’ve heard it’s relatively rare to have a truly broody White Leghorn. But I raise you… Ruth Bader Hensberg!! She’s been brooding for almost 2 weeks now. I didn’t believe she’d last, so i’m just now putting her in broody jail 🤣 no more babies for me this season!!

How many of you White Leghorn owners have ever had a broody?? Ruth and her 5 sisters are my first Leghorns and they’re just over a year old. Should I play the lottery? 🤣

(photo description: image one is of a white leghorn sitting on the grass, imitating laying on an egg, with puffed feathers. image two is of the same white leghorn in a nesting box, showing only her shoulders and head, giving a death glare and puffed feathers)
1F81D90B-CF74-492E-AA11-DB3E0C13F4A7.jpeg
BD9A9B72-A380-4B95-8DA9-CCC7EF977473.png

Hello everyone!!! I’m just popping in to see how many have been in the same boat as me… I’ve heard it’s relatively rare to have a truly broody White Leghorn. But I raise you… Ruth Bader Hensberg!! She’s been brooding for almost 2 weeks now. I didn’t believe she’d last, so i’m just now putting her in broody jail 🤣 no more babies for me this season!!

How many of you White Leghorn owners have ever had a broody?? Ruth and her 5 sisters are my first Leghorns and they’re just over a year old. Should I play the lottery? 🤣

(photo description: image one is of a white leghorn sitting on the grass, imitating laying on an egg, with puffed feathers. image two is of the same white leghorn in a nesting box, showing only her shoulders and head, giving a death glare and puffed feathers)View attachment 2766964View attachment 2766965
Never had that happen, but at max I only had 2 leghorns

I had a broody brown leghorn. Here she is in the broody buster cage on her way to the basement. She never went broody again, and 3 yrs later, I re-homed her and other older hens.
broody leghorn 6-12-18.jpg When i posted about her on BYC, I did get other reports of broody leghorns, including from one member who said his family had a good sized egg farm when he was growing up, and they had all leghorns, and there was always one or two in the broody buster cages.....

I had a broody brown leghorn. Here she is in the broody buster cage on her way to the basement. She never went broody again, and 3 yrs later, I re-homed her and other older hens.
View attachment 2767001When i posted about her on BYC, I did get other reports of broody leghorns, including from one member who said his family had a good sized egg farm when he was growing up, and they had all leghorns, and there was always one or two in the broody buster cages.....
There must be something in the air!! She’s in jail in the laundry room currently. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom