1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who else has phoenix?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Vamp-A-Billy Princess, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I am getting 2 pair of silver phoenix on Sat! I am so excited. Anyone else breed phoenix?

2. runamuck

runamuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern michigan
    yes, I do wonderful breed!!!!!!!! very broody!!!! good mamas and pretty to look at [​IMG]

What more could you want ?
    Allie

3. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    I have a silver phoenix cockeral and hoping to get a couple pullets in the near future.

4. KierBri

KierBri Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    ne conneticut
    i have 2 pullets and a roo coming this week, can't wait!

5. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    We have phoenix bantams, we have a quad of light brown with one crele hen, then we have a silver hen that free ranges, she has great type but passes her white breast onto all of her offspring.

6. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I am getting 1 pair that's a year and the other pair is their kids 12 weeks. How much do people pay for fertile hatching eggs and chicks on average?

7. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    About how many eggs a week do you get out of your phoenix hens?

8. ChickyPooh

ChickyPooh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    South GA
    I have a crele pullet. Her name's Rose and she is the sweetest thing ever! [​IMG]

9. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I bought Red Phoenix hatching eggs and only 1 chick hatched. It's now 8 days old and has the longest wing feathers of any of my chicks. I'm gonna have to buy some more as I want to have a pair to breed purebred ones. My bator is full so I am gonna look at a chicken swap on Sunday and see if anyone has some chicks or young adults to sale.

10. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Someone local to me is selling silver phoenix and red shouldered yokohamas. They are adults. I'm so tempted but I have 11 6 week olds out in the coop now that are getting along beautifully, 8 partridge silkies that are 3 weeks old today in the brooder. When I bring the silkies outside to join in the fun there has been no issue. i'm nervous about introducing a couple of adult hens (or a hen and a roo) into this situation. I've had great luck raising these babies, and mine are all very loving and docile having been handled daily by myself and my 6 kids.

I know you have a lot of baby chicks anne, have you introduced adults into the flock before? If so, how did it go?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by