Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

Is somthing wrong with my EE I heard they lay really late, but mine has a REALLY red comb and she is sqauting. Usually she hops right up on my shoulder but she has been really skittish the past 3 days! She is only 19 weeks!!!

Is somthing wrong with my EE I heard they lay really late, but mine has a REALLY red comb and she is sqauting. Usually she hops right up on my shoulder but she has been really skittish the past 3 days! She is only 19 weeks!!!

I have seen all kinds of timelines for EEs. Yours sounds close. Mine are about 19 weeks, but do not have red combs yet and are not squatting. Perhaps you are lucky!
smile.png

Yes, sounds like she's acting a little weird. I bet it will be soon. maybe today or tomorrow! Is she singing the egg song? (whatever that sounds like, I wouldn't know) My pullets are only 16 wks old, not singing, not squatting, not doing anything but eating...

Alright, my Barred Rock and EE pullets are 17 weeks old this week
big_smile.png
My Brahma.. I have NO idea how old she is LOL. I was guessing 20-24 weeks, so now she would be 24-28 weeks. I dunno, but I am expecting eggs from those girls. Then I have two 13 week old Wyandottes, but they are still babies
smile.png
although one of my wyandottes DID get her "big girl voice" this weekend.

Oh and Joon, my Barred Rock, started squatting for me! Same with my Brahma! Hopefully soon, but no red red faces yet..

Hey Chickenprincess92, have you self destructed yet? If I was your Mom, I think I would go buy an egg and hide it in the nestboxes
big_smile.png
just to see your reaction!!!

I love this thread & I hope I can continue posting here until all 6 of my hens lay their 1st egg
bow.gif

All 6 of my hens were born March 9, 2010, so are 22 1/2 weeks now

My SLW has been laying a perfect brown egg almost every day since July 26. That was my VERY FIRST

Then, ONE of my white hens (I have 2), started off a bit rocky with different funky dye jobs, but now seems to have got it figured out, & is laying a white egg most every day.

Just now (a minute ago) I discovered 2 white eggs, so both of my whites are laying.
clap.gif

That leaves my GLW and 2 EEs.
I am hoping so much for a colored egg
fl.gif
but I am grateful for whatever gorgeous egg my young ladies provide. I am very proud of all 6 of them.

Last edited:
Quote:
What a good & smart girl, to know what the egg box is for
thumbsup.gif

Did you take a photo? What color is it?

Wow that is smart!!!

Back
Top Bottom