Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

Quote:
I just saw that a couple of days ago for the first time... isn't it romantic?
lau.gif

Quote:
I just saw that a couple of days ago for the first time... isn't it romantic?
lau.gif

yes its so romantic lol
lau.gif
he did this little dance in a circle then jumped her this is the second time i saw this today and my hubby said that they were doing it yesterday and that that is the only one that will let the roo do his job he attempts to do it with the other girls but they either run away or fight him when he has them pined down but this BR just lays there how long do you think it will be before i get an egg from her she is 21 weeks on sunday can it be close since she is submitting to the roo

Rachel'sFlock :

Congrats to Crash and OxfordMom!!!
Isn't it the very best?!?

thumbsup.gif

Everybody still waiting, hang in there...it WILL happen!!!

Brightest Blessings!

It is after waiting for so long it's the very best thing I still can't believe it. Lol​

does anyone know how long it takes a very pink 9 week old Buff orpington who Is
very intrested in laying down to start laying? I WANT EGGS- Im about to die of omega 3 deficiency!
sickbyc.gif

18 weeks yesterday. I know- when they are ready. Patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait. All good things in time. Yes, yes, yes. But when are they going to start laying???
lol.png
lau.gif
gig.gif

Eggs!! Yes, eggs! Went out just a bit ago to give the girls- and boy!- the treats I had for them from processing some squash and tomatoes this morning, and when I went into the coop, there was a nice little brown egg in the back corner of the coop! Rushed back to the house to get my phone (of course, the camera is in the car which hubby has at work!) to get a picture. Then turned to check the feed level in the feeder and underneath it was another egg! So, two of the girls are laying. They are perfect, beautifully shelled small eggs! I'm not sure who is laying, since 7 of my 8 hens are brown egg layers. I think maybe one of the Dominiques, as she has looked ready for a couple weeks. But another of the Doms is looking really red, too, as are several of the Red Stars. Oh, heck, I don't care who it was! It's just exciting to have eggs!
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Oh, they are all 18 weeks now.

I am waiting the impossible wait too. I have 2 banties, started giving me eggs every other day about a month ago, they have stopped. One cochin gave me a whopping 4 eggs, she has stopped also. I have a 6 month old polish hen that still has not laid her first egg. Then I have 5 more girls who are holding out on me too. I scold them everyday, but they are not taking me seriously. Bad girls! I am now giving then the stink eye. I am thinking the roosters will lay before the hens will
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom