Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

Oh, sorry new chick 203! Maybe you need more breeds of chickens! We'd still be waiting here (now at 22 weeks) if it weren't for those leghorns.

I am sending egg-producing thoughts your way, so that yours will get started!
smile.png
fl.gif

I'm still waiting....my oldest girls (other than those that are old and finished laying and waiting to be soup) are 33 weeks old today, and nothing yet.
hmm.png

Cuckoo, my Marans, who's all nice and round and fluffy and red in the face with a big, red comb and wattles and looks so way far older than her sister was sitting in the nest box this morning.
big_smile.png
Alas, all she left me was some nice warm straw.
hit.gif
She's only 19 weeks, but she looks so much more devoloped than the rest of the girls, even the andalusian and anconas who are supposed to be the early layers. I'm probably in for a long wait, but she is soooo looking the part.

I can't wait for and egg, can't wait for an egg, can't wait for an egg.
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Hope someone else waiting gets an egg today!!!!

On the upside, my Barred Plymouth Rock Rooster learned to crow yesterday. My hubby thinks that means he's auditioning for freezer camp, but I have other plans for him.

Last edited:
YYYYAAAAAYYYY!
ya.gif
wee.gif
:weee
I just got my first egg this morning! My Amer who has no comb and no wattles oddly enough, laid her first egg this morning. Went to let the girls out of the coop and she was in the nest box. Everyone else came out. Went out to check on her and she was up... little green egg in the box. SO exciting. Now I have an Orph, Buff oprh, RIR, and BR to get on the stick!
Our little Amer 'Spec' stays out of the freezer! Oh, they are all 25 weeks yesterday.
Hang in there all... it will come!

56311_first_egg_2.jpg
[/img]

Last edited:
Well I have 4 hens and so far my lovely Golden Comets,
love.gif
Gerry and Evie (the youngest) are the only ones laying - but I get an egg a day from each one! Rocky my gorgeous silver Ameraucana
love.gif
(as I recently found out!!) is 24-25 weeks and no eggs yet and Harley
love.gif
my barred rock and the oldest at almost 27 weeks has not laid either...I am hoping I get an egg from each of them soon....but a blue egg
wee.gif
...the anticipation of getting a blue egg is almost too much to bear!!! Hoping for an egg from both of them by the end of October...
fl.gif

blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg, blue egg....
pop.gif

So my Cuckoo Marans has been in the nest box 4 days running and still no eggs.
roll.png
I know she's not sleeping there, because there is no poo and she's on the roost every night. Wish she'd just lay already.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom