Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

I am waiting...... 17 weeks.

I do have a White Rock that is squatting from time to time now and I heard the egg song once last week. My Rocks are very red in the face and have been for a couple weeks now.

I don't really feel impatient about it though, I didn't want them to lay too early either. I have heard that laying early can cause problems.

Well I have 5 mixed leghorn and EE that are 17-19 wks.... no eggs.
Then I have 3 EE mixed that are 15-17 wks..... no eggs.
There are also the 4 BO that are 8 wks, and the 4 FBCM that are 3 wks.... I am tired of watching and want to see some laying!

Don't hens usually lay between 20-24 weeks?
idunno.gif
Mine all seem to. I am waiting on 2 pullets
D.gif
D.gif
they are at 20 weeks. Should be anytime now.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks for the links. Very educational. I have to train my dauthers' ears in case it happens while I'm at work.
wink.png

I have not heard these sounds out of my chickens yet, but if I finally do I will know what that means.
big_smile.png

Waiting! My girls are at 14 weeks.

I lure each one to my lap with raisins, petting them while asking if they are going to be the first to lay me an egg.

I've got one that was checking out the nest box, and another that's squatty when I pet it like a cat in heat.

Quote:
What kind of chickens are they? Perhaps they are they bantams? Mine are standard size dual purpose hens so at 13 weeks they really look like big chickens. Their combs and wattles are getting redder too (and yes they are pullets).

Pullets at POL wattles and combs do get nice and red. Mine are a few weeks off before they'll lay and seem to be maturing right on schedule--of course I may change that statement when there are still no eggs in two months
25r30wi.gif
!!

Back
Top Bottom