Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

I thinkin' it's going to be Christmas before I get any eggs.... Hopefully not that long. They are all 13 weeks now. They still need to work on their roosting so I can unblock the nest boxes.

Daisy has laid 8 eggs she is such a good little layer!
smile.png
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif

Fired up the coop camera this morning to watch the pop door (we've been having trouble with the auto opening, but that's another story!) and saw two of the Red Stars sitting on the edge of nest boxes. First time I've seen any of them show any interest in the boxes. Golf balls have been in there about a week. Are we-maybe- getting a little closer?
smile.png

Last edited:
I am also waiting the impossible wait. I have 3 FBC marans, 2 buttercups and 2 EEs all are 20 weeks. I am also waiting for some of Wynette's olive egger and FBC marans eggs to come in the mail so I can start all over again!

Two of my leghorns are laying perfect sized eggs but my one RIR that's laying is still laying a little pullet egg every other day. Funny thing is she sits in the nest box for an hour, then gets out and lays it in the middle of the coop floor. What's up wit dat?
tongue.png
I still have two leghorns and three RIR that have not yet started but they are all squatting and have combs flopping over the beak.
smile.png

My 11th golden commet just started laying at 25 weeks all the others have been laying since week 16 to week 19. I am now convinces I have all girls.
smile.png

And when I went out there to give them treats and check food/water, someone had built a perfect little nest in the back corner of the coop out of the shredded paper I put under the poop boards. Trying hard not to get too egg-cited!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom