Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

DUNNN DUN DUN DUUUUUUN DUUUUUUUN DUUUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUN! ::graduation song::

Just got my first egg today! Here is the thread with pictures
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
I graduate finally!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=405325

Still waiting on 4 others hehe

wee.gif
Our wait is over! We got our first egg today!
clap.gif

My little guy's BA (Bumble Bee) layed her first egg today! Yay! Bumble Bee is around 22 weeks old. Now hopefully the others will get the drift and start laying too!

60951_dscf1845.jpg

ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I feel like I've been waiting forever. I have 7 chickens, 4 of which were born late February (so almost 8 months old), and 3 that a farmer gave me swearing they were all laying and were around 1 year old. I am only getting 1 to 2 eggs a day from these 7 supposedly "laying" chickens. This is so frustrating. I'm going through feed at the rate of about $20 a month, but getting an average of 10 eggs a week. So $5 for 10 eggs, not to mention the initial costs of the chicks, and their coop materials. I'm desperate for advice or help.

I only have one of my hens laying!!! None of my other hens will lay well i guess i shouldn't complain i am eating my laying hen's eggs right now!
roll.png
big_smile.png
droolin.gif

I feel like I did when I was pregnant. The day will NEVER come!! The girls, BR 22 weeks, BO 20 weeks. They squat in their nests, and look at me. "There she is, let's mess with her and act like we are gonna lay an egg!" Then they get up and act like nothing happened. Guy at the feed store told me to put a light in their coop, and they will start laying like crazy. Is it too early for that? Going crazy waiting.
fl.gif

I have 6 chickens, and one is a month older than the other five. Strangely, my white leghorn ( one of the youger ones ) started laying before my oldest chicken!
ya.gif
Only that one chicken has started laying so I am waiting for the other five to start laying, and it is taking FOREVER!!!!
barnie.gif

I think leghorns have a reputation for laying early. One of mine started at 17 weeks, and the other at 19 weeks. All of our chickens are now 21 weeks, and only one of the other 13 has started laying.

At least we are getting plenty of fresh white eggs!
smile.png

We heard (and saw) the egg song from our silkie today, and she definitely squatted for me and let me pet her, so I think we are getting close!?!? All five of our chickens (a silkie, a bantum polish, a white cochin and welsumner, plus another polish who we are beginning to wonder if she's a he) were supposedly born in March, so they are all between 24-28 weeks, and no eggs so far....

gig.gif
You guys are funny because deep down inside you know you're just wishful thinking, Just as I am. My girls are 12 weeks and I'm hoping to get eggs by thankgiving. Sure! If I get eggs bye christmas I'll consider that my present.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom