Who else loves their Orps? Orp lovers and Orps ONLY Thread. If you are going to hate on Orps, you aren't allowed.

ILoveDaffy

Songster
Aug 16, 2020
I love my orps, and I know lots of others here too, but it has come to my attention that if we want to talk about orps without being hated on, we need our own thread, so here it is. You can talk about your orps, and how much you love them, post pics and tell stories about them. I will not allow hating on eachother in this thread, or on the way any of us take care of our chickens.

Jul 18, 2018
Nebraska
So far I've only had buffs and lavenders, but my longtime favorite breed is Buff Orpingtons!!! My buffs have always been the sweetest girls in the coop. I just recently acquired 3 6 week old lavender Orpingtons (1 cockerel, 2 pullets), for only $6 a bird, and I am so excited about them! Ive only ever raised hatchery grade birds, so not sure if I can be considered a true orpington enthusiast, but I have loved the ones I've had!

ILoveDaffy

Songster
Aug 16, 2020
I will start. I fell in love with orps completely by accident, I got given chickens after we had planned on getting some , but didn't want to start with chicks. I have had 2 buffs and a delaware since May, and in early June, Daffy passed, and in late September Clover became part of the family.

Top Bottom