Who else misses the good days of movies?

Quote:
There is still a drive in here in MD. But it is always being threatened...the owner has been fighting to keep it open for the past 10 years.

I think it would be neat if drive ins are more than drive ins. They would have places where people could sit outside on the grass, have picnics, playgrounds for kids, picnic tables, a mini movie museum, a souvinier (spelling?) shop.

turn it into something of an outing and an occasion.

We have that here!!! The owner is a good friend of ours and has done amazing things. In the summer he has live music until the start of the first show, playground for the kids, 50's cafe and all kinds of things for the kids every week. and he loves to use old 50-60's intermission cartoons. We love going there not just becasue he gives us passes
wink.png
gig.gif
but because it's a great family environment that is a throw back to when families did things together. The best part is it's only $6 per person for 2 new releases!!!

Quote:
I think it would be neat if drive ins are more than drive ins. They would have places where people could sit outside on the grass, have picnics, playgrounds for kids, picnic tables, a mini movie museum, a souvinier (spelling?) shop.

We have that here!!! The owner is a good friend of ours and has done amazing things. In the summer he has live music until the start of the first show, playground for the kids, 50's cafe and all kinds of things for the kids every week. and he loves to use old 50-60's intermission cartoons. We love going there not just becasue he gives us passes
wink.png
gig.gif
but because it's a great family environment that is a throw back to when families did things together. The best part is it's only $6 per person for 2 new releases!!!

that is awesome too. wow... too bad we don't have anything like that here?

Really. If I want to see sex scenes, all I have to do is go out to the chicken coop. I see "hey baby, Im a big tough man, look what Ive got for you". He jumps on, does his thing, girl gets up and ruffles her feathers like "get off of me you big lug..you messed up my hair".

Comedy is Mel Brooks. Blazing Saddles is the funniest movie ever made, and could never be made again, in this day and age, of being "politically correct". I still bust out laughing at so many scenes in that thing. A good friend of mine, who is black, saw it for the first time a few years ago, and he was crying he was laughing so hard.

We'll never see the likes of Mel Brooks again, Im afraid.

Quote:
You were suppose to watch them?
ep.gif
Ummmm.........okay, now you tell me................
hide.gif

Rammy

Yes silly that is what you are suppose to do.

All of our drive inn theaters that I know of are not used anymore. It is pretty sad.

@ rebel tell that owner for me to put one here please.

i really miss disney's cartoon movies.. fox and the hound
love.gif

I enjoy movies with talking animals too, I don't see too many of those anymore. Babe Pig in the City almost had me to tears at some parts...

Quote:
There is still a drive in here in MD. But it is always being threatened...the owner has been fighting to keep it open for the past 10 years.

They have something here in Austin called the Alamo Drafthouse, several locations. Its a restaurant and a theatre....its alot of fun. You order your food before the movie starts then you eat while the movie is going on, there might be some adult beverages served there also
wink.png

They took out every other row of seats and put a bar like ledge on the back of the seats to sit your food. They show lots of older movies there as well. Before the last Harry Potter comes out the are going to have a marathon of all of the other films......if you like Harry Potter that is..

Back
Top Bottom