Who else plays an instrument?

Quote:
Music is still taught
tongue.png
The music isn't your problem most likely, it's probably Ryhmes.

Quote:
frow.gif
I play the djembe too! And also frame drum - I love it. Now I have to look up zills aha! They look like fun, do you bellydance??

yep I do... taught for over 35 years too.
... so are you saying the zills were a give-away?
wink.png

I find the djembe a bit challenging because in a lot of the african rhythms you're using several drummers each playing a part of the rhythm to make up the whole pattern... splitting a rhythm up into shares like that takes some concentration, I'm used to playing the whole rhythm myself.

I bellydance too and also love my zills
smile.png

used to butcher the piano as a kid (self taught).. havent touched a keyboard in years (which my husband would probably say was a blessing if he had ever heard me play)

learning the guitar.. slowly.. never seem to have enough hours in a day

Quote:
yep I do... taught for over 35 years too.
... so are you saying the zills were a give-away?
wink.png

I find the djembe a bit challenging because in a lot of the african rhythms you're using several drummers each playing a part of the rhythm to make up the whole pattern... splitting a rhythm up into shares like that takes some concentration, I'm used to playing the whole rhythm myself.

I bellydance too and also love my zills
smile.png

used to butcher the piano as a kid (self taught).. havent touched a keyboard in years (which my husband would probably say was a blessing if he had ever heard me play)

learning the guitar.. slowly.. never seem to have enough hours in a day

another member of the Dread Legions of Dum Dum tek a tek Dum tek a tek! nice to know you!

I have been playing the trombone for 7 years now. I am in our school's marching band, concert band, pep band, and jazz band.

i play flute...

i started when i began year 7 - there was a concert band and my new friend played... so i started, but by the end of that year, the band had split and was no more.

every year, i borrow the schools flute, and use it at home, but with no band, and no lessons (we had really cheap band lessons) i'm not really advancing...

i'm not really any good, but i love playing it, because i love the sound it makes...

Last edited by a moderator:
YAy! This week the advanced music groups are performing their best Christmas song in front of the whole school during the end of year/ holiday assembly! (by end of year I mean end of year 2011, we still have a whole new semester starting Jan. 13th.) We're playing Noel yay!

I played baritone in High School band. Loved it.
About 6 years later, in college still, I had a chance to try it again. I was still pretty good.
Haven't touched an instrument in years, but would love to learn to play the piano and the steel guitar!

I used to play the piano and the flute. My parents were very into music, so were keen on me becoming a prodigy.

It soon became apparent that I didn't hold any of their interest, and I quit shortly before I turned 13. At least I have a fair bit of musical knowledge now should the need arise.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom