Who feeds the wild life

Duncan,
I got it
lol.png
Last year we had a cougar in a shopping center parking lot. In the Olympia area I think.

Imp

ETA a real live cougar

Last edited:
Quote:
You mean they are not just big ol huggable puppies.

Imp

In 1980 I had a Canadian wolf walk up to my running car, in the dark, and stare me down. It was hunting rabbits, and was the skinniest animal I've ever seen. I was traveling across the Yukon. I had just gotten out of my car cause I thought I'd hit a rabbit. I didn't stop again that night.

I don't know. The rabbits were like a carpet. millions of them as far as the headlights reached. I heard a thump and thought I'd hit one. The friend that was with me wanted me to check. I don't know what we would have done if we had found a hurt rabbit. Anyhow we got out and looked around and under the car. No sign of anything or blood. This was hundreds of miles from anywhere in the Yukon Territories, so it was DARK. April 1st so it was frozen. We got back in the car, and before I got the door closed there was this wolf with its head over the hood of the car. We sat there in amazement for several seconds, then I had the presence of mind to shut the door. It was not afraid of us or the car. I learned the night that humans are not the top of the food chain. I'm very glad we were back in the car.

Imp

Imp did he look like this? My sister took this picture in Denali.

wolf.jpg

The bus driver was screaming at her to get back on the bus and she just kept taking pictures.

Back
Top Bottom