Who has a kindle?

SierraView

Crowing
13 Years
May 20, 2010
Valley Springs, California
My Coop
My Coop
I love mine. Wasn't sure I would like it but it's really is nice. When I read a book I would always change my body position with what side of the page I was reading to get comfortable. Well the Kindle is great.

Reason I broke down and got one is my good friend came home after serving 4 yrs in the Air force and he wrote a book! I'm so proud of him for many reason. This book is really really good. If you like a fantasy novel check out
Fates Warning: Provenance (Chronicles of Fate) on Amazon.

I'm trying to get the word out about his book if you like it spread the word.

Love my kindle, easy to travel with. I can read in the sun and there is no glare. I can keep track of what page I am on. I can switch between books and never lose my page. There are so many title choices that can be downloaded.
I used to travel with several books and they always added weight to my suitcase, now I carry my kindle in my purse. I sometimes miss the actual feel of the books, but that it is pretty easy to overcome after the first couple

What I will most miss about real books is the smell of Barns and Noble and Starbucks lol. It's one of the best smells on earth. I was going to get the Nook but my daughter talked me into a Kindle because you can read outside and that's a nice feature.

I've had a DX for over 2 years--my DW has a fire. She likes hers for movies as well--has the whole Downton Abbey series downloaded to it. If anything I like my DX better for download as it has free 3-G and downloads faster than using WiFi. BTW, I also have a novel available on Kindle: Minimum Competency deals with NYS education.

The best part of the Kindle is that I can download books from the library from my sofa. There are no overdue fines and it takes all of about 3 minutes. LOVE IT!! I have done nothing but read since I got it.
smile.png

The best part of the Kindle is that I can download books from the library from my sofa.  There are no overdue fines and it takes all of about 3 minutes.  LOVE IT!!  I have done nothing but read since I got it.  :)

If you look on my FB page you should be able to see the few different pages that I'm subscribed to... I get a ton of free books daily ....waaaay too many for me to read..:lol:
let me know if you need the links to the pages..

If you look on my FB page you should be able to see the few different pages that I'm subscribed to... I get a ton of free books daily ....waaaay too many for me to read..
lol.png

let me know if you need the links to the pages..

I plan on getting a Kindle soon and would love to know where to get the free books.

Back
Top Bottom