Who has chicks right now? Let's see'm!

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
Hi! Winters can be long. They can even be longer if you have to wait until spring to see babies! If you have any right now put them up, and mention hatch dates for fun. Add info, or just pics. (If you have a chick pic from during the spring or summer of this year, you are also welcome, just mention the hatch dates, thanks.)

My current chicks... Skipper, Brad, Ken, Christine (bonus if you know where the names came from.)
2x.PNG

Hatched from 4 eggs from health food store Nov. 20...They are separate from the below chicks...

Below most hatched on Mon. Nov. 30...
0w.PNG

Above left black- "Me-largo", Brown chick upper middle "Echo", chick t the right of that one "Splendor", Chick upper right gold is "Shadow", Front right silver is "Lovely", Black in basket, "Ebony," White in middle is Ivory.
From shipped AL eggs, and from my hens...
Below are fresh- today pics goofy- brooder box shots...
On the bed, Lovely, below left is Splendor, and Ivory...
0w1.PNG

Below is Echo
0w2.PNG

Chick says..."I didn't do it..." and he didn't...
This one did..Shadow...
0w3.PNG

Below is Ebony
0w4.PNG

Just a couple days old and they are getting personalities.
Echo, and Me-largo sleeping...
0w5.PNG

Below is Ebony again
0w6.PNG

Ivory, Lovely, and Shadow.
0w7.PNG

Last edited:
Hi! Winters can be long. They can even be longer if you have to wait until spring to see babies! If you have any right now put them up, and mention hatch dates for fun. Add info, or just pics. (If you have a chick pic from during the spring or summer of this year, you are also welcome, just mention the hatch dates, thanks.)

My current chicks...
View attachment 2917449
Hatched from 4 eggs from health food store Nov. 20...They are separate from the below chicks...

Below most hatched on Mon. Nov. 30...
View attachment 2917457
From shipped AL eggs, and from my hens...
Below are fresh- today pics goofy- brooder box shots...
View attachment 2917460
View attachment 2917461
Chick says..."I didn't do it..." and he didn't...
This one did..
View attachment 2917462
View attachment 2917464
Just a couple days old and they are getting personalities.
View attachment 2917465
View attachment 2917467
View attachment 2917468
I’m so happy for you!

Here is Harry. Hatched on halloween
IMG_20211125_183050.jpg

Peanut hatched on 2nd of november
These four-Candy, Dottie, Raven and Penguin. No idea on hatch dates🤔
And I have two Silkie mixes that I just brought home tiday (someone was hatching them for me) I don't have pics of the chicks. Only their mother

My blue copper maran mix chick was acting pithy, and sleepy, last night, I was trying to give her sips of yolk water to perk her up. I thought I would wake up to a lost chick this morning. She's still with us. I gave her more yolk water, then after breakfast I cut up bits of cooked egg very small. The chicks all went in to excited mode eating egg bits. And this sleepy chick joined in. Some times they have to get excited about being alive.
0wc.PNG

Back
Top Bottom