Who has mutt chickens?

my favorite Mutt is Purdy Birdy...She's a SSHamburg/EE. I get a green egg faithfully everyday. Actually all the eggs in my Bator are mutts....mainly because I just can't seem to find the eggs I NEED, but mostly because i couldn't stifle the urge to stick eggs in the bator
cool.png

I think my mutts are healthier then alot of the purebreds I have raised.The mutts I have are Barred Rock /Barnevelder and 2 Barred Rock / Buff Cochin really nce rooster ,and hen that sometimes lays large double yolkers.

I love my mutts. The cost is 10.00 mutt or not at the stock sales (well that is what everyone seemed to be selling them at London on Tuesday). For once I didnt'' bring no chickens home, LOL. I did sneek 2 rouen ducks in the truck and one got loose on me. I dint' want to come home totally empty handed.

I have a mutt roo!!! soon I will have more! My rooster has been mating with my purebred hens which are: Barred Rock, a bantam cochin, a unknown bantam hen, and a white leghorn. The rooster is white with orange. When I had my mutt hens they were laying machines!!! I like mutts better they get different colors all over their feathers and they are just the cutest chickens I've ever seen!
love.gif

I keep a mixed pen for eating eggs. I have a bunch that are going to be added to this pen. I bought them as a purebred mix on ebay but they weren't purebred and some of them that look purebred don't happen to have mates. So are I haven't put them together though because my rooster is a mean one when it comes to new meat in the pen.

Back
Top Bottom