Who has Pilgrim Geese?

ksacres

At Your Service
14 Years
Nov 16, 2007
San Antonio TX
I'm wanting a few (ok 6!) hatching eggs. I'm hoping to end up with at least a pair. I'd really prefer not to have to pay the shipping for goslings, but, if they are *reasonably* priced, I would do that as well.

Seems most people are asking as much for Pilgrims are they are for Sebastopols!

I have a friend with 3 pair. She wants me to help her sell the eggs when they start laying. We are in Iowa so it might be another month, or it could be a couple weeks. Darn weather!!! I will get the first dozen or so eggs and put them in my bator for a fertility check and as soon as they show growth will put a listing here for eggs for sale. I am not sure what she wants for them yet but it will be average cost for goose eggs. I will also have to see what postage will be. I will have them this spring though. Jenn

Ok, just let me know. I have silkie and blue cochin bantam eggs to trade if they would be interested. If not, I'm ok with buying outright. Thanks!

If you have any extras that Ksacres doesn't want I may be interested in them. We ordered eight Pilgrim goslings from Metzer that will be arriving in a few weeks. I plan on selling off some of the goslings and scouring around for other bloodlines. I've heard that Pilgrims are now having problems with fertility and deformities because of a small gene pool and want to do everything I can to make sure we don't have that problem with our flock.

Also, would you be willing to sell/ship day-old Pilgrims? I'm fine with a straight run and live down in Missouri, so it wouldn't be a long drive in the mail. I may even be in the St Louis area a couple of times this summer to meet up.

Thanks
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom