Who has weird phobias?

*A Carolina Chick* :

When eating a sandwich, I can't eat the last corner that I touched! I can't eat the end of the french fries that I touched either.
idunno.gif

My wife does the french fry thing. She will have a little pile of bits when shes done...... and I scarf them down!​

Enclosed places, elevators, long hallways, closets, I have nightmares about being caught between two buildings, and they're coming together and I can't get out. And being buried?? FORGET IT!! I'm being cremated!! And don't tell me I won't know it....

Mine is being confined inside something like a box (coffin) and drowning. I'm not afraid of small, tight places and I love the water. I'm not afraid of drowning in the middle of the ocean,just confined somewhere and it happening. Like my car going off a bridge and not being able to get out.
hit.gif

Quote:
ROFL.....bible thumpers scare me, too!!! My neighbor's dog actually peed on one tonight on my front porch but that is another story.

As for my REAL phobia...this is WAYYYYY out there. I love all things creepy.....give me any spider and I am happy. EXCEPT.......Granddaddy Long legs. I know they can't bite me, can't hurt me in any way. However, get one close and I am almost in tears. My kids think it is the funniest thing ever. I wouldn't hurt one, but I will sure hurt myself trying to get away!!!

I have a few...

Semi Trucks. When I was first learning how to drive, I rounded a corner and there was a semi coming in the opposite direction and I had a full blown panic attack. I can't remember if it was my father or mother, but one of them had to steer the car off of the road for me. I still can't help but breathe hard when I pass them, or even just see them when I am not even in a car! I don't know why...

Spiders. Any size, shape or color. The sight of one has me squealing. I hate 'em! :eek:

Bees. When I was about 9 years old, my family and I were setting up a dog run and we heard this really wierd buzzing noise. We started looking around but couldn't see what was making the noise. Then we saw this black, buzzing cloud coming up over the hill straight at us. We started yelling at my older brother and cousin who were further out on the trampoline. By the time we got everyone inside we had several bees that had flown in the door, and the windows were mostly blackened. I still freak out when I see a bee.

Pike. We I was very young, my father took my sister and I swimming in the lake, and then warned us of the killer man-eating pike that lived there. :eek: Of course, I later learned that there weren't any pike anywhere near that lake, but the association still stands.
lol.png

Lovethechickens--Yes, I change my sheets, pillowcases, towels, washclothes and dish/kitchen towels after each use! And I do NOT own a sponge--they are the most horrid thing I can think of--I can just 'see' all those germs contained in that wet, nasty, goopy glob called a sponge!!

Quote:
Your not the only one, I hate lakes! I guess it's because the water is black and you can't see the bottom, plus when you walk in it you have no idea what your stepping on and it's all mushy!
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
Your not the only one, I hate lakes! I guess it's because the water is black and you can't see the bottom, plus when you walk in it you have no idea what your stepping on and it's all mushy!
sickbyc.gif

I hate lakes too! The bottom is like mush, and you have no clue if there is snapping turtles in their or what.

Back
Top Bottom