Who here owns 5 or more acres?

I'm really a mountain person. I can't see living in Florida or anywhere that has a coast line-too hot and muggy. I think Ocala is probably a nice area, around where halo lives, but though I was actually born in Coral Gables, I'm not suited to Florida, I don't think. I can't even stand the thought of South Georgia-DH was raised around Savannah where his dad grew up so he asked about that one time. I love my elevation here with the cool nights in summer.

Our property in TN was in Fentress County, up at the KY border. In hindsight, it was too rocky/sandy to really grow stuff on very well, but it sure was pretty, with a 1 acre spring fed pond. I miss the view of that pond and the wild ducks in the morning.

I promise, we will give them their documentation. If they refuse it then, it's patently obvious what is going on with this county.

As far as affordability goes, there are places in Central Florida that are very inexpensive to live. Florida has no income tax, has homestead exemption that keeps real estate taxes reasonable, very difficult for anything to be attached by creditors, you are an hour away from the beaches on either coast, nice rural communities and people, very few governmental restrictions, and some of the best real estate bargains in the country are right here. If the Governor would only move to Georgia, it would be perfect.
Way to many storms hit Florida.

pop.gif

Way to many storms hit Florida.

To the contrary, in Central Florida we do not get any storms of any significance. Hurricanes that hit the coastline are nohing more then Tropical storms by the time they get to us. As for the weather, in general I think it has the best all around weather in the entire country. The mid summer months are a bit hot but from October to May it could not be better.

And Ed, Cynthia never said she liked ticks. You misunderstood, she meant hicks.

Words can not express....what I am feeling right now. Please excuse me while I empty the contents of my stomache and curl up in the fetal position.

Are you saying this thread now sucks? or maybe needs an up tick? Maybe I should back out, or just stay attached till I am full.

OK I'm done talking about ticks and hicks.

Back
Top Bottom