who here show there birds as displays

Displays are a great way to promote ANY breed..... and yes...you do get more points for displays than individual birds..... It would be nice to see some nice displays of the Showgirl breed..... Good luck with your birds!

it should be a enteresting year ive been want to a display for some time just havent had enuf birds in condtion at one time so this is a project in it self

Quote:
Absolutely. I never see more than a couple of showgirls shown at a time. The most I ever say was in a "display" of various exotic chickens running around inside a cute picket fence with a small coop-sized red barn to hide in.

I have a display of partridge silkies and a display of grey entered in the State Fair. Coop in is on Wednesday.

Quote:
Absolutely. I never see more than a couple of showgirls shown at a time. The most I ever say was in a "display" of various exotic chickens running around inside a cute picket fence with a small coop-sized red barn to hide in.

I have a display of partridge silkies and a display of grey entered in the State Fair. Coop in is on Wednesday.

the show i entered last weekend had more showgirls then silkies lol

Quote:
yep
i got bv white beared showgirl
rv white beared showgirl
my sis got best grey in youth and 2nd place again the grey went breed and reserve water fowel
bb white crested duck

My opinion: if you've got an unusual breed that you wish to promote, a display is an excellent idea. Prize money isn't the issue here.

And yes, I will show a purchased bird. I like it when my new breeding stock has a record of show wins. There is an extra glow that comes with winning with a bird that you've bred yourself, but no reason to not show purchased birds. (I am assuming that you will give credit to the breeder, if asked)

Back
Top Bottom