Who is in charge

Who is in charge of the chicken and animal stuff at your place?

• I am a woman and I am.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a man and I am.

• I am a woman and he is.

• I am a man and she is.

• We both are. 50/50 all the way.

• Other and please explain

• Total voters
Same as PoultryHaven, although Mom sometimes helps. Other than her, I don't trust anyone with my chickies without my supervision.

I too put other. While I do most of the research (most here on BYC of course) and I'm the one who allowed the boys to get guineas, then ducks, then chickens; DH helped build most of the coops/runs, although everyone helped in this area; however most of the work (feeding, giving water, egg collecting and changing the nest boxes etc. are done by the 3 boys that live here. LOL. After all they are supposed to be their 4-H projects.

Last edited:
Other:

Here it's the person who cares about it most handles it. What computer to buy, his deal, what school the kids attend, my deal. With the birds it's my deal, but he'll assist. I do make 80% of the decisions, but he has imput. I'm a better planner and he's better at taking directions, so we zen like that.

Other:

I also put other. Although I am the primary chicken person here, I do listen to her input. It took her a while to love chickens as much as I do. She now gladly helps and interacts with them with enthusiasm. The major decisions however are mine to make. We also have two very spoiled cats that we both cherish,but she is the one who tends to their well being and makes the decisions as to their care. I think we make a good team though.

Other-
I am a woman and I am because I am the only one here. All the animals are mine.
big_smile.png

I'm the one in charge of the critters, and the littlest DD (11 yr. old) is my #1 helper. Although, DH handled the construction of the coop, etc. But only to make me happy
wink.png

I'm a woman and in charge - As there is no man in the house, and never will be.
old.gif
I'm actually, though, the 19 year old daughter to a very understanding mom. She pays for the stuff, enjoys the chickens and the excitement of the business, and I do all the rest. ( Take care of them, contact breeders, talk on the forums, get connected with people, sell the birds and eggs, etc. )

She takes care of the horses and her cat. I take care of the two dogs, and the chicks and ducklings. We both feed the adult chickens. So, that's 50/50, right?

I put other too.

Before I got preggo I was the one who took care of the chickens. Dh built the pen but other than that it was all up to me. Now my 12 yr old son takes care of the chickens because I can't. Once the babies are born I'm sure it will be me again. I miss going out to take care of them.

I'm the one that wanted chickens and pets, so they're my responsibility. However, the coop and run were his doing (he picked out and erected the stuff). But, the upkeep is my responsibility. Not like he told me that, mind you. I can just imagine him telling me that. I just made myself snort! LMAO:lol:

Back
Top Bottom