Who is in charge

Who is in charge of the chicken and animal stuff at your place?

• I am a woman and I am.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a man and I am.

• I am a woman and he is.

• I am a man and she is.

• We both are. 50/50 all the way.

• Other and please explain

• Total voters
I voted other.
Any time that we are going somewhere together, such as church on Sunday, DH takes care of the chickens.
He also takes care of them on the rare occasion that I am not feeling well.
I do the chores the rest of the time.
DH also takes care of picking up the feed as needed.

I mostly am since I'm the one who has begged for them for years! lol He finally gave in so in the interest of marital harmony I'm assuming I'm the one in charge of taking care of them. He is a GREAT enabler though! He's currently building me a coop and will handle predator control and dispatch. He does buy me or build me whatever I want or need for them. I wouldn't trade him for a whole bunch of chickens.
smile.png
I'm sure if I needed help he'd step right up and help. Plus, we have four kids who will be helping out as well.

But officially? Me.

Me, it was my idea, and they are my responsibility. But he lets them out in the morning, feeds them and enjoys hunting for eggs. But they are ultimately my responsibility.

I voted that I do the chores but the more I think about it, that's not true. I take care of the donkeys, trim their hooves, breed them, shots, train, and show. He will care for them when I'm not home. But as far as the chickens go, my DH let's them out in the mornings, locks them up at night and feeds them about 50% of the time. He doesn't clean the coop however. He does tend the cattle if I'm busy or not home. He feeds the dogs and cats about 50% of the time. It's definately not a 50/50 split but since the decision to get all of the animals was mine, I don't think this is too bad.

The birds and animals are mine and therefore my responsibility. That being said, if for some reason I am away from home, my wife very capably cares for everything. In 46 years she has never complained about my addiction. I'm a lucky man!

I am. The chickens are my idea, my project. DH will occasionally toss them some scratch and chase them away from his lilac bush if they're out free ranging, but he doesn't get that into them. That being said, he keeps my project in check, not letting me go overboard. He does also spend some time talking to the chickens.

I take care off all the animals.Dh says I was the one who got them,and therefore I am responsible. Most times I don't mind,but the complaints about stinky dogs needing a bath, or not being able to go on over-night trips gets old.I love my hens so I don't care if he complains about them.I am ok with missing a vacation for them.

My husband works full time, and I am able to stay home with the kids and my animals. I do most of the care taking, although if my husband is home and sees there is something that needs to be done he will either take care of it himself or tell one of the kiddos. That's not too often considering he works all week except Sundays. My 3 yr old is able to feed the dog, and alot of times I just let her because she likes to.

My husband is good with the chickens. Actually he owned chickens before I ever did. He didn't like the idea of a dog, but we kind of sprung it on him. (It was my SD's b-day and we saw some puppies, I had to let her pick one out) It's turned out that he likes the dog very much.

Back
Top Bottom