Who is in charge

Who is in charge of the chicken and animal stuff at your place?

• I am a woman and I am.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a man and I am.

• I am a woman and he is.

• I am a man and she is.

• We both are. 50/50 all the way.

• Other and please explain

• Total voters
I take care of all of the animals for the most part. Although DH did change the rabbit cage last week. I like animals, he likes cars and things with a motor. I'm the one who wanted the chickens, horses, snakes and cats not him so I feel like its my responsibility anyway.

The animals are all mine (except for my five year old daughter's tadpoles) so I am the primary caregiver. One the two days a week I'm at school, though, my husband takes care of what needs to be taken care of.

I am the sole keeper of the chickens. Mostly because I crowned myself. We've always had 4 or 5 hens for eggs, no roos. In December of 08, my then 3 days from 16 yo son was in a terrible auto accident, and while we waited for him to heal, those 4-5 hens turned into 30 chicks, hens and roosters. DH understood that this was my coping mechanism. He built the extra pens for me, gave me his tool shed for a coop (but bought another shed LOL), split the coop up for me, tolerated the ever running bator and brooders, peeping and pooping, but everything chicken became MINE! I feed, clean, incubate, oversee free-ranging, brood, sell and snorgle them all. He likes to supervise though because he's always been a managing type. When my chickening day is done, he always ask, "did you shut the run doors? Did you fill all the waterers? How many serama eggs did you get today? I just got a new serama hen and she's laid me 3 eggs in 3 days and he insisted that I put them in the bator NOW! He loves them too and enjoys sitting outside and watching them range, but the one time I accidentally left the coop door open (which is connected to his mancave) and the chickens came inside and pooped on his "covered" pool table, all heck broke loose! LOL! I have a very special and understanding DH.

My son tells his friends that I have OCD - Obsessive Chicken Disorder.
roll.png

Last edited:
I said 50/50 because we make all the decisions together - except when he comes home with a chicken and I find it my bathtub because we have no quarantine area
lol.png
He does most of the work with them except gathering eggs, I do the hatching (he messed up three hatches) and take care of the babies. It works for us. He built a nice enclosure for our stupid renegade goats tonight. YAY! No more climbing and peeing on my car!!!

Im the one in charge of feeding and caring for them all, he just buys their food.
Im the animal lover and he is the car lover, I stay out of his way with his cars/trucks and he stays out of mine with the animals.
But of course since he pays for them and their food, I have to ask him before bringing home another living creature.

Back
Top Bottom